Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

  • Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Hunter safety ?

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by BigBore45, Nov 2, 2006.

  1. BigBore45


    Apr 9, 2006
    I have never thought about it I hunt every year and today I realized my hunter safety card I got in 95 is from my home state in Wyoming. I currently live in Utah. Do I need to get a Utah Safety License or is my Wyoming one good. I never have thought about it.
  2. citori59

    citori59 Lock Guru

    Apr 11, 2006
    Altoona, Pennsylvania
    you shouldn't. I taught Hunter Ed Courses for the Pa. Game Commission for 20 years and we were told that every state uses a standard course from the NRA. Now, this may be bull but I do know that other states recognized our card as proof of hunter education.

  3. 357glocker


    Oct 28, 2002
    In Nebraska you would be OK hunting with an out of state class as long as you have documentation of taking Hunters Ed. I can't speak for Utah so you may want to give your game commission a call and ask.
  4. same here in FL, any outsate Hunter Ed certification would be accepted.
  5. VA recognizes any states hunter safety certificate, or a previous hunting license from any state.
  6. mpol777

    mpol777 Feral Member

    Jul 23, 2001
    Cochise County, AZ
    The last time I can remember being asked for a previous license or hunter safety certificate was before I had a driver's license. It's been many moons since then. Every place I've hunted I just slap down the cash and ID.