Glock Talk banner

Hungarian AMD-65 is a BEAST!!! What's your favorite AK-47/variant?

18K views 38 replies 21 participants last post by  Krink92 
#1 ·
I (finally) got my Hungarian FEG AMD-65 about a week ago... And I must say, it's a BEAST! Seriously, it's light weight, impressively accurate, high quality, looks great, short & is low cost... What more could you ask for!?
I honestly feel it is the ultimate AK-47 variant.
I will be giving it a sleek tactical makeover soon, but wanted to show it off stock first.
I also wanted to put together an AMD-65 shooting video unlike any of the others on youtube. It's pretty dang cool, with first person shooting angles and others! So here it is! Check it out:
[ame="http://youtu.be/IDAnPvB51X8"]http://youtu.be/IDAnPvB51X8[/ame]

If you own an AK-47 or Variant, & think it's the best, tell me why!
But let's make sure to keep it a good conversation, not an argument :wavey: Thanks!

#32 ·
ALL AKs rock!!!!!!!:rock:

Just sayin'.......:whistling:

TGG

#36 ·
Well i didnt like the angle of the original and it was a little hard using 30 round magazines. For me its comfortaable to use the magazine as a vertical grip and ive got long arms. But I'm doing some work to the original hand guard. Im milling off the tab where the original went and im gonna drill some holes in the bottom to attach a rail so i can have a normal vertical grip. Rails we attached to both sides. Five minutes of work and $10 dollars for the rails. Working in a machine shop is great for gun owners.

#37 ·
I love my AMD. They are among the top in my book. Quality parts and better than normal accuracy. The 65 is a handy package and using the front grip with thumb pointing forward instead of wrapped around the grip is very comfortable!

#38 ·
I'll post pics later on, but my $430 AMD looks awesome with the Tapco Bakelite 30 rd mags. She came dry, so I used Slip 2000. The Magwell is so tight, that the Tapcos fit without a hint of wobble. They are conforming to the magazine well, lol.

I'm very pleased with it for the price. I hope to shoot tomorrow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.