close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Huh... that's pretty neat.

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by GioaJack, Nov 9, 2010.

1. GioaJack

GioaJack Conifer Jack

Apr 14, 2009
    Conifer, CO
    While it's snowing we're having a huge lightning and thunder storm. Messin' with the internet though.

Good thing I'm casting indoors... I could get a chill and catch a cold. :whistling:

Jack

2. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    I can't wait till I'm old, and people will see me post stuff like this and they'll say.. "Meh.. give him a pass, he's 100yrs old"...

;)

IGF

3. Zombie Steve

Zombie Steve Decap Pin Killa

May 31, 2007
    Old Colorado City
    Snow is rolling in off the mountains here too. Hooray hot lead!

4. kcramer

kcramer

Mar 21, 2008
    I'll start my story by saying, I work 35 miles from my house. The drive is ok for the first 10 minutes until I start up the first mountain. About halfway up that 1st one the weather does a complete 180. You can bet your butt if it's not snowing at my house it is halfway up Cooper's rock! Anyhow, 3 years ago while on my way to work at 11:00pm I get to the halfway point of Cooper's Rock. 1st I hit rain then the blinding fog. I slow down to 20 mph. 1/2 mile later rain turns to heavy snow which had already covered the interstate with 3 inches of snow. So now it's snowing, the road is covered and it's foggy as hell...just when I think it can get no worse...the lightning storm started! Now I'm still going 20 mph, all the other cars are stopped/wrecked or stuck. Nervous is an understatement of how I was feeling but it was the coolest thing I've ever witnessed! Fog, snow and lightning all together gives you an errie(sp) feeling!

5. mnhogrider

mnhogrider

Sep 10, 2007
    Minnesota
    Here in frozen tundra land, It is 68 degrees and sunny. The last two days have been unbelievably nice.

6. EL_NinO619

EL_NinO619 EX-Swage Monkey

Aug 11, 2010
    San Diego
    Oh it's miserable in San Diego. A nice 72 degrees, and sunny.

7. GioaJack

GioaJack Conifer Jack

Apr 14, 2009
    Conifer, CO

It's been summer here until today. 78 degrees in Denver yesterday, Sunday at our black powder shoot it was 76.

Right now there's 2 inches of global warming sitting on the deck. To put that in perspective for you flatlanders I have more than that in my freezer.

Jack

8. Zombie Steve

May 31, 2007
    Old Colorado City
    That sucks.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 9, 2010
  9. GioaJack

GioaJack Conifer Jack

Apr 14, 2009
    Conifer, CO

Based on your history of making sport of me just what makes you think you're going to be around long enough to get old? :whistling:

Where the hell did I put my road atlas? Never mind... I'll use the GPS.

Jack

10. Agent Tikki

Agent Tikki

Sep 16, 2010
    DAMMIT I've always wanted to see snow......it never snows where in LA, but it does get cold....Its 70 degrees F, man I had to put a windbreaker on this morning :wow:

11. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

Aug 20, 2002
    Virginia
    Coopers Rock I 68?

We were going to a GSSF match and 3 years ago we had lot of sleet build up on the way over the mountain.

Down the other side it turned into HEAVY RAIN for the rest of the trip.

12. robin303

robin303 Helicopter Nut

Sep 27, 2009
    Austin, TX
    Sucks real bad here too. Have the windows open for a cross breeze. I wished I wasn't so damn lazy I would go pick another 10lbs of tomatoes out of the garden. Sucks to have two growing seasons per year. Crap now I need to get bacon for all these fresh organic greenbeans. :yawn:

13. WiskyT

WiskyT Malcontent

Jun 12, 2002
    North Carolina
    Snow is nice in those made for TV Christmas movies where the whole family gets snowed in in their mountain log home with lots of hot chocolate. Other than that, it pretty much sucks.

14. PCJim

PCJim Senior Member

Aug 4, 2008
    FL
    Robin, I'm with ya. We planted tomatoes, bell peppers and bush beans two weekends ago to go with the strawberries that made it thru the summer from last year. I love fresh veggies and can't wait. Guess this is the tradeoff for having weather thats too hot to hunt in.

15. HAMMERHEAD

HAMMERHEAD

Dec 20, 2002
    Minnesota
    A-men to that!
    Can't last much longer, but it is nice.

16. Zombie Steve

May 31, 2007
    Old Colorado City
    Wash your mouth out with a .38. :tongueout:

It's barfing snow up in Summit County right now - gonna try to get a day on Copper mountain this week. Bullet packing is on hold - gotta wax the board.

17. robin303

robin303 Helicopter Nut

Sep 27, 2009
    Austin, TX
    Got that right my friend. Can't wait until it gets cold so I can plant my Collard greens, carrots, onions and broccoli.
    Do you have dedicated beds for your strawberries?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

18. RustyFN

RustyFN

Sep 29, 2006
    West Virginia
    It was 66 and sunny here today. You all just keep your damn snow.:rofl:

19. GioaJack

GioaJack Conifer Jack

Apr 14, 2009
    Conifer, CO

Interesting, very interesting. Us mountain people are smart enough to go to Safeway and just buy that crap. :whistling:

Jack