HUGE pop up ads???? REALLY???

Discussion in 'Update/Upgrade Info Forum' started by jmiles50, Apr 17, 2012.

1. They actually appear to have the perks continuously available with signup at http://shop.glocktalk.com/index.php?cPath=13.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #21 Kaonashi, May 18, 2012
    Last edited: May 18, 2012
  2. Firefox + AdBlock Plus = No ads on any site.

I know they pay the bills, but I still do my part to avoid them whenever possible.

3. Wow, are you one of Einstein's descendants?

You also get the little hand when you want to click on a valid thread. When the invisible area of the pop up covers a valid thread link, you get the pop up, not the thread.

#23 HAMMERHEAD, May 22, 2012
    Last edited: May 22, 2012
  4. These popup adds annoy me and I don't feel generous when I'm feel obligated to pay a fee. I always enter when you run a fund raiser.

5. Other forums run and make the owners a profit without annoying pop up ads. I'm sure we all know why. Bandwidth costs money and it seems the majority of the traffic here has nothing to do with Glock and everything to do with off topic junk. Because of this I have done 2 things.

1. I have NOT even looked at buying anything here. Until this forum is run by adults for adults I am paying for advertising on other Glock sites. I don't believe my target audience is here. Just a bunch of kids for the most part.
    2. I have even paid for a membership on a site I won't name because even though this one has a greater wealth of information the signal to noise ration is better at many other sites.

Obviously some don't care and obviously I will still be here but just not that much as I tire of wading through the BS that is encouraged here.

6. u812

u812 Paracord Weaver

Yeah,its back on every page I open. I don't think I would ever buy anything from Government Motors but that ad is for sure pushing me away.

7. ArtCrafter

ArtCrafter ¤Hocker Mocker¤

On the first page load, the ads 'defeat' AdBlock Plus 1.3.4 running under Chrome 23.0.1271.97 m. Upon reloading the page, the ads disappear again.

I've also noticed similar behavior on YouTube. Sometimes ads appear in the videos, sometimes they do not.

I have the settings in ABP 'maximized', so I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, but no dice. I still see the ads on the first page load at GT. :headscratch:

Oh, well, it could be worse. :supergrin:

8. I'm using IE and I haven't seen any pop-ups.

9. PolymerPride

PolymerPride getcha suma dat

I don't mind the ads for snorg tee's on the right hand side. Theres a specific female on there that i think i'm in love with.