HPR Hyperclean 10mm

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by cjcharvet, Jun 27, 2013.

1. A little disappointed. Today I took my 20SF out for the first time. Tried out Hornady's 155 grn 1280 fps, Corbon's 135 grn 1400 fps, some Bitterroot Valley 180 grn, and HPR Hyperclean 180 grn, which claims 1270 fps.

A had no chrony, but after shooting everything else the HPR stuff seemed pretty tame. The bitterroot valley stuff wasn't much different than .40, but the Hornady and Corbon had much more perceived recoil than the HPR. I was able to get much better groups with everything else as well.

I'm sold on 10mm and the 20SF, just not HPR.

Need to get a hold of some Underwood I think. Thoughts?

2. I really like the Hornady 155 XTP's. They are a good balance of power and shootability, in my opinion.

If you are going Underwood, I would suggest sticking with the 165's. They have been the most problem free in the Glocks as far as I am aware. There is a lot of good discussion about 10mm ammo here:

http://10mm-firearms.com/factory-10mm-ammo/

Good luck and congrats on the G20SF!

3. Zombie Steve

Zombie Steve Decap Pin Killa

Well, if you didn't have a chrono, it's just perception. Felt recoil doesn't mean much in terms of actual velocity performance.

I've loaded the same cast bullet with two different powders (6.2 grains WSF and 5.8 grains Unique) in .45 auto and shot them side by side. Both clocked at 820- 830 fps. WSF load was way smoother to shoot.

If it's not accurate, that's a different story...

#3 Zombie Steve, Jun 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2013