close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

How's your weekend?

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by wtf jack, Apr 12, 2008.

1. wtf jack

wtf jack

Sep 1, 2007
    A buddy of mine dropped by and told me he wants to get better at shooting pistols. I told him the best way to learn is to have his own pistol AND shoot the pistol a lot. This is what he bought yesterday at my recommendation.

[​IMG]

It is a nine millimeter, so we went and got this case of PMC's.

[​IMG]

My son doesn't want to get outdone, so at his insistence, I installed a vertical foregrip on his favorite rifle -

[​IMG]

With very good results -

[​IMG]

So what have you done this weekend so far?

2. 9MX

9MX Rei!

Sep 29, 2003
    Shooting
    saki and i tested our rifles yesterday

[​IMG]

3. chowchow

chowchow

Jan 15, 2007
    Houston
  4. brawnless

brawnless Junior Member

Dec 5, 2004
    Asia
    that IS a fun way to spend the weekend! boxes are already considered a lot here. :supergrin:

5. ess45

ess45

Nov 17, 2006
    100 yards using handloads at 5X magnification

[​IMG]

Ironsight

[​IMG]

Still needs more practice.

6. saki1611

saki1611 BOG's #1611

Sep 16, 2006
    Philippines
    i had a good time weekend shooting with you guys! direk, nice to meet you in person. eric ganda ng ak mo!

7. wtf jack

wtf jack

Sep 1, 2007
    That is excellent shooting with the scope! What scope do you have on your rifle? It looks like a short dot, but short dots only goes up to 4X. BTW, your Sabre is nice. It went real well with the Magpuls. Is the Magpul trigger guard worth the money?

8. wtf jack

wtf jack

Sep 1, 2007
    LOL! With the way he is shooting, he is going to need more than a case of ammo. I already told him to go and buy a .22 pistol to cure his bad habits. He anticipated recoil so badly that he couldn't keep his shots together. I figure letting him shoot several magazines of 22's first to warm him up, then a mag of 9's, followed by more 22's will eventually get rid of his bad habits.

9. ess45

ess45

Nov 17, 2006
    Thanks.
    Scope is a Meopta Meostar 1.5-5 (1/4 the cost of an S&B short dot).
    Is Magpul trigger guard worth the money? No, installed it for the cool :cool: factor

10. isuzu

isuzu

Jul 3, 2005
    North America
    Is a certified pre-owned? I've seen a refurbished model being sold at a gunstore, and it just looks "as new," but with a significantly lower price.

11. wtf jack

wtf jack

Sep 1, 2007
    We were hoping to get a certified pre-owned but the stores in this area do not have a CPO that is a 9MM 229. The CPO's represent an excellent value. I know because my 229 is a CPO and it is flawless. The price difference between a brand new and a CPO 229 is over 300 dollars, which is like a case and a half of 9MM ammo already.