close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Howdy from SWVA

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by mhespenh, Apr 10, 2012.

1. mhespenh

mhespenh

Apr 9, 2012
    Hey all,

New guys from SW Virginia here- going to pick up my first Glock later this week from my LGS. Been carrying a Bersa .380 (CC edition) for a few years, decided after lots of practice I really just don't care for the long initial DA pull on my Bersa for my primary carry weapon, tired of getting bitten by the safety when racking the slide (Thunder 380cc owners know what I mean :steamed:), and ready for a change. Local gun store made a very fair offer on my Bersa in trade on a G26, so I've decided to jump aboard.

Anywho- I'm a scotch/gin drinker, former Marine (1x OIF), and a big technology nerd.

Thanks for all the great advice and tips I've already gleaned from the site!

ETA: Got it!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012

2. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
  3. Fisherman

Fisherman

Feb 18, 2012
    South Carolina
    What part of SW VA?

4. mhespenh

mhespenh

Apr 9, 2012
    Live in Blacksburg, work in Christiansburg. You around here too?

5. concretefuzzynuts

concretefuzzynuts Brew Crew

Dec 27, 2011
    PNW
    Welcome. Never tried Scotch Gin. :wavey: What the hell, there's always a first- I like both! :tongueout:

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  6. Fisherman

Fisherman

Feb 18, 2012
    South Carolina
    Not there anymore; retired to SC but still come up twice a year to Abingdon. Meet up with my oldest friend of forty odd years and we fish up around Whitetop Laurel and Big Wilson. These days, it's more of an eat, drink and tell old stories deal. Did spend some time playing music at Floyd but that has really become touristy over the last couple of years and, at least IMO, not nearly as nice as it was. I don't bother now. Welcome to the happy world of Glock. This is a good bunch of folks and they'll help you learn the ropes.

7. oily_oink

oily_oink ###########

Jun 23, 2006
    Metro. Detroit