close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

How'd you find BoG?

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by Eye Cutter, Jul 21, 2005.

1. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter Moderator

Nov 21, 2002
    Dr. B. Eye
    There was an old thread that chronicled how the members found their way here but it must have been lost when the servers crashed sometime ago.

So let's hear it how you guys and gals made it to Glock Talk's Band of Glockers Clubhouse?

2. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

Oct 1, 2002
    California
    We used to post on a single thread at GNG. It reached several hundred pages, i think, that's why the site owner thought to give us our very own clubhouse. Thus BOG was born. :)

3. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter Moderator

Nov 21, 2002
    Dr. B. Eye
    yeah! that must have set a new record for number of posts and views here in GT!

4. atmarcella

atmarcella

Aug 27, 2004
    overwatch....
    i googled "glock" after i bought my g22, then i found glocktalk, afterwhich i found BOG:)

5. bokbok_05

bokbok_05

Apr 24, 2005
    currently a member of an another gun forum and valor1 recommended BOG.

6. nyordak17

nyordak17 my dream gun!

Mar 6, 2004
    ETiVAC
    same here... i googled it too after i bought my G17. :) :cool:

7. Valor1

Valor1 Pro Paingiver

Jul 6, 2003
    Urban areas
    Searched and researched on Glocks. I thought I'm running out of materials until I hit the glocktalk.com site. Curiosity overpowered me and I'm hooked ever since (after I discovered that we are Pinoys here at Band Of Glockers).

I forgot to mention that the people here are very nice and always helpful. :)

8. vega

vega

Sep 29, 2001
    SoCal
    +1

vega

9. EXACTLY THE SAME!! thanks sir valor1! ;f
    btw bokbok_05 is that the 1911 forum? got a different handle back there. my handle is hitman joe(my sig line says aka mikol og BoG's);f i am proud to be a part of BoG family, lalo na ngayon meron ng akong BoG shirt.;z

10. bokbok_05

bokbok_05

Apr 24, 2005
    yup...its the 1911 forum. aha!! ikaw pala si hitman joe!! ;f .

thanks valor1...kungdi dahil sa BOGs di ko mabibili yung .40cal. nung gunshow (wala rin sana ako utang ngayon) hahahaha! ;f .

11. yup! the one and only!(di kasi pwedeng mi kaparehas ng handl ;f) ^5

12. doctabako

doctabako Gun Aficionado

Aug 11, 2003
    Philippines
    Intrigued by the constant references to GT's site(mostly bashing) at the HKPro forum when I was still enamored by HK's, coincident with this I was also looking for info on the Glock 30 which I had just ordered then. On scanning "The Club House" the misspelled word "filippino" caught my eye same with the catchy title Band of Glockers :). Decided to check this subforum out, lurked a little, liked what I saw, made a test post to check the waters for friendliness so to speak, felt the love ;f and the rest is history :)

13. JuDGe

JuDGe

Dec 2, 2002
    Mega-City One
    we are with pinoyglocksters at yahoogroups and eyecutter told me to checkout the all pinoy thread at gng of glocktalk.com and the rest as they say was history.... ;f

14. mirko128

mirko128

Mar 8, 2005
    Pilipinas
    Google.

In researching for which first gun to get, stumbled upon old posts (in Filipino). I think I was looking for contact numbers of gun shops then -- found this thread were you folks listed all the shops you know.

15. bagito

bagito tanod

Mar 7, 2004
    london
  16. Vault Keeper

Vault Keeper

Sep 14, 2004
    The Vault
    Like JuDGe, i'm also a member of the pinoyglockster of yahoogroups. After months of encouragement from EC, finally decide to check out becasue posting in pinoyglockers was significantly decreasing! Nandito na pala lahat ng mga GWAPINGS don!;f ;f ;f

Yet to own a BoGs shirt though....

Thanks Doc for the invite...