close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How'd the Starbucks anti-boycott go?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Diesel_Bomber, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Diesel_Bomber

Diesel_Bomber

Anyone have access to Starbucks' sales figures for Feb 14th this year, vs. other years, vs. normal weekday sales?

Did the anti gunners win, or did we win?

2. Bushflyr

Bushflyr ʇno uıƃuɐɥ ʇsnɾ Millennium Member

What's an "anti-boycott"? Is it something like a mob based DoS attack? Everyone decides to go for coffee at 12:01 on Thursday?

Last edited: Apr 28, 2012

3. Diesel_Bomber

Diesel_Bomber

The anti-gunners were planning to boycott Starbucks for various idiotic reasons. Those of us on the pro side of the issue started an anti-boycott, or a buycott, and specifically directed more business towards Starbucks to offset the anti-gunner's boycott.

Just wondering what the result was.

4. Fastbear

Fastbear

Our area Starbucks enjoyed many pro-gun people buying coffee. Asked the girl behind the counter if she was aware of the anti gun crowd having a boycott. She said business was maybe better than normal and she grew up on a local ranch. This meant she was pro-gun and thats the way it is.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  5. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

I had a chance to buy some coffee at their establishment and it wasn't too bad. I see no signs saying I cannot carry there, so it was good.

6. Wyoming

Wyoming

Well my guess would be that the boycott didn't work because if it did the lame stream media would have never stopped talking about how successful the boycott was.

In fact it must not even been close enough to spin it into a "victory" for common sense.

7. matt_lowry123

matt_lowry123

There's only one starbucks where I live. I asked the manager if sales were down and she said no. I don't think it applies as much in small towns.