How'd I do... Got an AK74...

Discussion in 'The Kalashnikov Klub' started by Butcher, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Butcher

Butcher NRA Life Member

Bulgarian Arsenal SLR-105 built in 2004
    Comes with original box, certificate from Arsenal Inc., sling, three Tapco mags, five Circle-10 mags (Bulgarian polymer), a tin of 1080rds Russian surplus 5.45x39, about five hundred rounds of loose commercial stuff.
    Made out with all that for about $1700 after shipping. Pretty good for these trying times ey?

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    How'd I do... Got an AK74... Black Rifle Forum Dec 28, 2012
    How'd They Crash One A These Already ? The Okie Corral May 11, 2015
    New Leather, How'd I Do? General Firearms Forum May 6, 2015
    Gen 1, How'd I do? General Glocking Mar 30, 2015
    How'd you like having a gun pointed at you? Civil Liberties Issues May 21, 2014

3. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan
    CLM

Decent deal for an Arsenal.........:cool:

4. Butcher

Butcher NRA Life Member

Yeah and I already have four tins of Russian surplus and seven East German Bakelite mags ready for her :)

5. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

considering the panic buying id guess thats a good price.

6. I'd say nice buy , for 1700 good deal. especially with mags and ammo.

7. Not bad considering the timing of the purchase.

8. Butcher

Butcher NRA Life Member

:) yay glad I didn't totally break the bank for what I got. I figure I spent the same as someone would for all new equipment, but instead I got gently used. The gun has less than 100 rounds through it, and most of the mags are still in their wrappers and the tin of ammo is sealed

9. CTfam

CTfam DREAM BIG.

You did good. A fine rifle.

Now let's see it!

#9 CTfam, Dec 30, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
  10. CGP

CGP

That's a little high, but then again, these are crazy times. The SLR-105 is no longer manufactured so you've got a collector rifle in your hands. I expect it to just appreciate in value overtime.

11. Butcher

Butcher NRA Life Member

Waiting for it to arrive at FFL :)

12. If you live n Maryland start emailing your Senators and Representative so you can continue to get mags and ammo for it, they're kind of brain dead when it comes to understanding private firearms ownership.

13. Butcher

Butcher NRA Life Member

I emailed them. Got form letters back. They suck, but at least they left a loophole in the law that allows us to possess standard cap mags. The law says we can't buy/sell/trade/manufacture mags over 20rds capacity but possessing is legal. A lot of sites will break down mags into "repair kits" so you can take a drive up to PA and "fix" your broken mag lol. Also a lot of us gun guys will go to gun shows and snatch a bunch of standard mags there and bring them home. Totally legal. Don't know if the legislators know, or just dont care that there's a gaping hole in their law. It's been that way for as long as I've been shooting