Howard Leight-Impact sports ear protection

Discussion in 'Gun-Parts & Access.' started by brownsbacker, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Wanted to hear about your experience with these. I got a set for Xmas, took them to the range and was very disappointed with them. It did magnify the voices around me, but, did not block the gunfire at all. By the time I was done shooting my ears were literally ringing. I have read articles and seen videos about them and always got good reviews. Could I be doing something wrong ? Thnx in advance for your posts.:rant:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Randy Howard dies in Gunfight The Okie Corral Jun 12, 2015
    WTS: Spyderco Howard Viele C42S serrated!! Edged Weapons & Related Items May 21, 2015
    Howard Dean: Scott Walker Says Obama Born In Kenya Political Issues Feb 23, 2015
    Howard U. Middle School parents say principal fired social studies instruct Political Issues Jan 29, 2015
    Howard Dean: Paris Attack Not 'Muslim Terror' Political Issues Jan 8, 2015

3. I have had a pair for about a year. No complaints so far. Have worn them for up to four hours at a match.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

4. I had a pair for 3 years, and they work great.
    Kevin

5. Someone else told me they were better outdoor range protection, I was shooting next to a guy who had a45 and he was blowing my eardrums away. I'm going to try and find another person with experience with them and have him test it.

6. I got a set about three weeks ago. I too was very disappointed. Like you said they did amplify ambient sound but did not effectively block the bang of gunfire. I had to quit shooting in the middle of a session and put in earplugs.

7. I've had mine for a few years and love them. Mine do exactly as they advertise.

8. I use plugs with the muffs when indoor. Outdoor, just the muffs.