close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

How would a Mormon president work to spread his faith?

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by IndianaMatt, Oct 23, 2012.

1. IndianaMatt

IndianaMatt

Jul 8, 2008
    Since one of the fundamental tenets of Mormonism is spreading the faith, how would Romney, if elected, stay true to his religion through proselytizing?

2. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    You are one desperate Mofo.

I kinda figure when Mormons fly airplanes into buildings he will call them "man Made disasters" instead of Terrorism and he will go around bowing to Mormon leaders around the world.....oh...wait.....

3. eb07

eb07 Sharkin'

Feb 19, 2010
    Third Rock From the Sun
    He will change the US military standard uniform across the board to white shirts with black ties then take away their weaponry and issue them mountaibikes.

4. GAFinch

GAFinch

Feb 23, 2009
    Georgia
    I'd imagine it won't include declaring that church-run social outreach programs aren't religious activities.

5. series1811

series1811 Enforcerator. CLM

You guys are getting scared, aren't you?

That's a good sign. :supergrin:

6. 9jeeps

9jeeps

May 22, 2004
    PNW
    Nah! They're just flat out too stupid to understand anything but "Gimmee"

7. ksmedman

ksmedman

Nov 24, 2011
    In the middle

One of the basic tenets of Christianity is spreading The Gospel.
    I guess the world is now under a Christian oppressor because of Obama's Muslim, errr, I mean Christian... faith.
    Oh, wait... :rofl:

8. FFR Spyder GT

FFR Spyder GT Ex-Gunslinger

Apr 27, 2012
    Hog Jaw, Arkansas
    Matt,

Notice how none of the "Righties" had anything coherent to post?

They're still waiting for Murdock to tell them what to say.

9. FFR Spyder GT

FFR Spyder GT Ex-Gunslinger

Apr 27, 2012
    Hog Jaw, Arkansas

Mormonism isn't a Christian Religion, it's a Cult and all the followers are going to He'll.

Pretty simple.

10. series1811

series1811 Enforcerator. CLM

You guys forget. We don't hate religion like you do. Hearing that someone might talk about their religion doesn't send us into the same convulsions it sends you guys into.

11. whoflungdo

whoflungdo

Jul 15, 2008
    MS

Where is he will actually located???

ETA: for your attempted zingers to actually have a chance at working, you should use proper grammar and choose your words more carefully. Remember proof read, then proof read again..

Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  12. p.d.

p.d.

Aug 4, 2009
    Dry Ridge, Kentucky
    Just like back in '60 when Kennedy turned us all into Catholics. Aw, wait. He was too busy screwing Marilyn, et al. And here is a coherent response. We can't explain some things to the feeble minded.

13. GWSHARK

GWSHARK BITEYAHEADOFF

Feb 12, 2002
    QUARREL REEF
  14. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    as opposed to a few of you lefty's running around yelling 'Oh no, he belongs to a CHURCH oh no the sky is falling" ?

:rofl:

Sad little twits. I am glad you are such a small minority, you don't see it from inside your intellectual fishbowl, but you really are a tiny group,

15. Snowman92D

Snowman92D

Oct 6, 2001
    Indianapolis
    I dunno...the same way that Obama has attempted to stay true to his Marxist doctrine?

I'm confident that Romney's religious faith will remain a private matter for him, just as it was for George W. Bush, much to the unbalanced shrieks of his liberal detractors.

The big "discussion" years ago involved whether or not another Presidential candidate (John F. Kennedy) could hold true to his oath as President when...as a Roman Catholic...Kennedy's first "allegiance" was to the dictates of the Vatican. Are you contending that Jack Kennedy danced like a puppet for the Pope while Kennedy was President?
    :rofl:

Do you really expect people to pick a doctrinaire Marxist over a Mormon?

16. IndianaMatt

IndianaMatt

Jul 8, 2008
    Ha ha, seriously? GREAT answer.

17. JFrame

JFrame

May 29, 2001
    Mid-Atlantic, US of A
    Ah -- an appropriate time to raise the "Wit and Wisdom of Spyder" yet again...

Spyder on statistical math:

Spyder opining that Obama won the first debate:

Spyder remarking that he wasn't aware that local law enforcement cooperated with federal law enforcement:

Spyder opining that one has to be a racist to vote for Romney:

...And this was a mystifying quote that had nothing to do with anything else that was going on in this particular thread (a clear indication that Spyder hears "voices"):

Given the anonymity of the Internet, I think the only thing we can safely conjecture is that this person gets good and loaded (on something) before logging on to GTPI...

18. rgregoryb

rgregoryb Sapere aude

Oct 20, 2004
    Republic of Alabama
    He's from Arkansas, hell I'd be constantly mad too. Bill the disgraced POTUS is their hero

19. p.d.

p.d.

Aug 4, 2009
    Dry Ridge, Kentucky
    Are all the folks in Massachusetts Mormon now? Seems Mitt would have found that less of a chore than turning the whole country Mormon.

20. Brucev

Brucev

Jul 19, 2009
    Why should it matter? Is it incumbent upon a Republican President to shelve his personal religious commitments to satisfy the proclivities of those who take umbrage with either his personal faith commitments or else with a personal faith commitment of any sort?