close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

How to use the Wal-Mart App to find Ammo

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by markerbeacon, Mar 31, 2013.

1. FatBoy

FatBoy Millennium Member

Sep 2, 1999
    ME
    THe app works for me. Problem is that everyone else has the same idea. There are two "local" WM to me. One only puts out the ammo in the AM. They open at 6AM. Line starts at 0530. The other will put out ammo 9-10pm if it comes in. Usually 8-10 people hanging around the counter waiting for the cart to come out.

2. voomie

voomie

Sep 23, 2011
    Who would of ever guessed that people would camp out for ammo.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

3. berfles

berfles

Jan 22, 2012
    Wind Gap, PA
    Got to work and checked my phone, it said the store had WWB .40 in stock. I drove there and nothing was to be found, the guy said they got some in last night but they sold right away. So I guess if I don't see it immediately I'll be SOL.

I did see some .357 ammo though. Not that it helps me at all.

4. voomie

voomie

Sep 23, 2011
  5. berfles

berfles

Jan 22, 2012
    Wind Gap, PA
    I was on hold for 5 minutes while they tried to track the guy down. I gave up and just drove the two miles.

6. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster Millennium Member

Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont
    I was just at my local WM yesterday in NH. The ammo shelves were bare.

7. MotoGlock

MotoGlock

Nov 24, 2011
    Dirty L.A.
    I downloaded this app to my iPhone.
    I search for 9mm federal 100 round packs friday night, nothing local.
    Yesterday morning I do the search again. Bam! In stock at Simi Valley and valencia.
    I get breakfast with my girl and get ready to go. I rechecked to make certain. Now the Simi Valley location was out of stock but Valencia still had in stock.
    Yes!
    When I get there , nothing in stock!
    I informed the lady who appeared to be the manager that the walmart app said itsin stock. She adamantly explained that they did not get any ammo at all in that day!

8. MotoGlock

Please monitor locations for a minimum of 48 hours to verify that their stock status is correct on a particular item. If its a hot caliber and it shows in stock for more than 48 hours, you know their inventory is not correct or items have been misplaced in the stock room.

After you get a feel for things, then you need to learn when the stores put out stock. The app will show in stock when the truck arrives, it's not when the product is rolled out to the floor. Be nice, be prepared to arrive early, and you will be rewarded.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 5, 2013
  9. MotoGlock

MotoGlock

Nov 24, 2011
    Dirty L.A.
  10. Works on my Android tablet as well. Seemed to be pretty accurate.

11. The app doesn't seem to be of much use to me, here in ATX. It doesn't list everything they carry. I have found brass maxx 9mm, not listed on the app. I really want to stumble upon some 9mm UMC hp's, not listed either. I see plenty of 40sw and 45acp. Too bad I don't have any use for that. Haven't seen 22lr since January, which is what I really need.

12. Kichigai

Kichigai 気違い Was Mr30s

Apr 13, 2013
    South Florida
    I don think it is accurate have tried using it. Says in stock not limited stock and there is nothing on the shelves

13. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster Millennium Member

Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont
    I go to WalMart every week, and I look at the bare ammo shelves in NH.

14. 1fast ss

1fast ss

Apr 18, 2013
    I have found that the app is 75% accurate. Limited stock usually means one case and in stock means two or more. The accuracy of the app also depends on if the Walmart has accurate onhands in their system.

15. SGT HATRED

SGT HATRED

Sep 30, 2010
    PHX AZ
    I tried using the app 3 times for 3 different local WM's each showed items in stock but were not. It really pisses me off... I left negative feedback on the app and in the receipt survey.

16. markerbeacon

markerbeacon

Aug 3, 2012
    Madison, AL
    try at 7AM, that's when it's put on the shelf (if it makes it that far). 8AM is too late folks.

17. BobPistol

BobPistol

May 19, 2013
    I use the app and find it to be about 30% accurate.

One day I saw that they delivered Winchester 22LR to several locations. Off to Wal-Mart I go. 6 locations, only 2 had them. Got some plinking ammo :)

I've noticed two stores that ALWAYS say they got ammo but never do, so I don't bother going there.

18. Ammo Can

Ammo Can

Jun 21, 2013
    i have been using findwalmartammo.com and it seems to be working great for me and some of the guys in my gun club :supergrin:

19. markerbeacon

markerbeacon

Aug 3, 2012
    Madison, AL

ammo-can.net