close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

How to survive USAF Basic Training

Discussion in 'The US Air Force Forum' started by TSAX, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Taphius

Taphius

Sep 26, 2011
    Las Vegas
    Hardest part for me was not laughing at the the TI's said to the other trainee's.

They are some clever bastards in their insults

2. Batesmotel

Batesmotel

Apr 5, 2007
    Utah
    I thought you AF guys just learned to sit in a desk chair with your feet up.

:couch:

BTW I love my USAF Brothers. My dad was Navy and took his GI Bill and got an electronics degree. Then worked for Hill AFB until he died. I can't tell you how proud he was of both the Navy and the Air force and the work he did. I went Marines and have great respect for the USAF logistics command. They always got us where we needed to go.

3. Hugo R

Hugo R Gaff G26 User!

That was the best advice anybody ever gave me! Worked through BMT and has worked everytime I've had to go through some type of training program/school.

And I am not the quiet type, but know when, where and around who to just shut up and listen and is has always gotten me by.

Thank you TSGT. Ron Sykes for being a hard yet hilarious man! I became a better man because of you!!!

HR:cool:

4. Real Police

Real Police

Sep 20, 2005
    USA
    Things were a whole lot different 40 years ago I can tell you that. My son joined, 3 years on now and parents are proud, but I made the mistake and told him the old stories from the '70's not realizing Basic and training means "lockdown" nowdays. Hell the first night after basic I remember going thru a hole in Lacklands fence and going to strip clubs. I wont even tell you those stories.

But it was such a pleasure going back down to Lackland after all these years and seeing these young airmen and woman. So Polite, so professional, and watching such a turnout for the BT graduation "man it was packed" left me feeling proud to be American and a USAF Vet.

During the ceremony they asked for all the vets from ALL the services to stand and salute. A proud moment for all, like passing the torch to a new generation of Americans.

Calculated likes this.
  5. Japle

Japle John, Viera, Fl

Feb 26, 2000
    Viera, Florida
    Remember, whether it’s Basic or OTS/OCS, if you can’t be trusted to make your bed and arrange your clothes correctly, you can’t be trusted with anything that’s actually important.