How to shoot the Texas Star

Discussion in 'General Competition' started by Bob45acp, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Bob45acp

Bob45acp HandgunWorld

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQjvb0Sdmrw"]How to shoot the Texas Star - YouTube[/ame]

I only missed once. I was trying to go 5 for 5. But this is the proper order in which to shoot it.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 Bob45acp, Mar 25, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Texas man shoots armadillo, gets hit in face by bullet ricochet The Okie Corral Aug 1, 2015
    Texas Free Speech Shooting - The Gun Issue General Firearms Forum May 4, 2015
    Four dead in Texas shooting The Okie Corral Feb 23, 2015
    Texas homeowner shoot convenience store robber w/ar15 The Okie Corral Jan 9, 2015
    Texas homeowner shoot convenience store robber w/ar15 The Okie Corral Jan 9, 2015

3. Sheep

yep, top down is how I shoot it.

It is my favorite prop, but it hardly gets used.

4. He's too slow. I like to clean 'em before they start to move, but I typically miss the third shot too.

5. Top down is the proper order.

I think they get used so rarely because they are so slow to reset.

I like to run stages with several poppers and two stars. Sometimes I even make the shooters alternate between the stars so movement is guaranteed.

6. waktasz

waktasz Gamer Scumbag

#5 waktasz, Mar 26, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  7. Hoser

Hoser Ninja

I like to shoot a bottom plate first to get the plates to move into my sights. Less gun movement for me and it keeps me from playing chase the plate.

8. ****, just shoot it fast and it won't move at all. 12. 9, 3, 5, 7. The guy in this vid was geologically slow. he must have intentionally slowed down to demo the technique.

9. My club sets these up behind a cardboard wall with small windows allowing you to shoot only when the set gets to spinning real good- like a window to shoot through at 8-11 o clock and another at 2-5.

10. Yup, that's the program for irons - and you don't have to make any adjustments for situations where part of the star is out of view.

11. If its moving just shoot at the leading edge of the plate you wanna hit.