close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How to sell face to face in Mich, what is necessary?

Discussion in 'Michigan Glockers' started by Getwild2, May 10, 2007.

1. gsbell

gsbell Consumed

Feb 21, 2003
    Nolensville, TN
    Criphunter44,
    What PD are you having trouble with?

2. They absolutely CANNOT charge a fee, except for notary service, which only applies IF you use their notary, which you don't have to do.

The AG's letter is clear on that point.

The only time you need it notarized is if you get a purchase permit...if you have a CPL and only have to go for the registration...I'm sorry, "safety inspection", then nothing has to be notarized anyway. Show them the letter...if they don't obey, tell them you'll start proceedings against the department.

It's sad how many PD's don't know the laws, or even attempt to keep up with them.

Again, here's the letter from the AG:
    http://www.firearmsalliance.org/AGLetter7-17-06.pdf

3. Criphunter44

Criphunter44 ALPHA BEAR

Jun 23, 2006
    North
    Clinton Township, they will issue/inspect on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1pm to 3pm.

4. Criphunter44

Criphunter44 ALPHA BEAR

Jun 23, 2006
    North
    Sorry, I misunderstood

5. Me too...:upeyes:

6. gsbell

gsbell Consumed

Feb 21, 2003
    Nolensville, TN
    We will contact them and see what their issue is.

7. Criphunter44

Criphunter44 ALPHA BEAR

Jun 23, 2006
    North
    Thank you sir! Let me know what you find out.

8. gsbell

gsbell Consumed

Feb 21, 2003
    Nolensville, TN
    No problem, I already did find out we had them on our list of non-compliant departments. I'm trying to find their response to our request for compliance with the law.

I should also note that many people have been instrumental in working on this issue.

a) I started the process because my dad was subjected to a waiting period. I also did a lot of the research that was the basis for asking the AG office for assistance.
    b) Brad Benzing and Barbara Stockford have also put a lot of time into this. Brad has also been coordinating any activity that is required to encourage compliance with the law.
    c) We also have had a SAFR attorney contacting some of the more difficult municipalities.

9. gsbell

gsbell Consumed

Feb 21, 2003
    Nolensville, TN
    Criphunter44,
    Our experience has been that a local resident really needs to at least try to handle this first. If you are rebuffed then SAFR will see what we can do to help. Have you contacted the Chief of Police? If so what was his response? Another avenue is the township board, here is their next meeting:
    Be calm, be professional and have the facts. All the information you need can be found here:
    Research: http://www.firearmsalliance.org/AG opinion outline.doc
    Request to Rep Caswell: http://www.firearmsalliance.org/AG opinion letter to Rep Caswell.doc
    Letter from AG Office: http://www.firearmsalliance.org/AGLetter7-17-06.pdf

Let me know how it goes :thumbsup:

10. WarpSpeed

WarpSpeed

Jul 3, 2003
    SE Ohio
    Dearborn Heights is still restricted to Tuesday and Wednesday, 12:00pm - 3:00pm. I know that within a month of the AG opinion coming out, Officer Wiatr (OIC of gun bureau/property) was given a copy of it in print but he's not the one who can make any changes.

The chief was supposedly made aware of the AG opionion as well but by the evident lack of change, may not think it's something he needs to address.

11. TAC-GLOCK

TAC-GLOCK

Jul 23, 2007
    Macomb, MI
    The whole safety inspection is a farce! I took a semi-auto in with a problem. You could not reliably cock it for single action. It would catch maybe 2 of of 10 times. Nothing was mentioned about it. I'm also curious how they do a safety inspection while the gun has a cable lock though the frame? And why would a safety inspection need to be performed on a brand new weapon?

It's really just a politically correct way of doing gun registration. The Feds do it when you purchase it, and the City/County/State does it when you get a safety inspection. Why else do they update their records when you sell the weapon to someone else?