close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How to save Billions if not Trillions of Dollars

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Kingarthurhk, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

1. Stop all foreign aid period. No one ever sent us any, we sure don't need to be bleeding out huge sums to countries that hate us.

2. Shut down foreign bases and return our troops here, to where they should be, blockading our borders from hostile incursions. We don't need to police the world. The world is not America's responsibility.

3. Maintain enough readiness to reach out and touch places that might want to hurt us. Yes, tactical nukes, and ICBM's.

We don't need a base in another part of the world when we can reach other parts of the world rather rapidly, should they become hostile. Technology has improved dramatically since World War II. Use it.

4. Evict the UN, and tell them to go to their respective countries. Shut down the building and sell it as prime real estate, which it is.

Budget crisis adverted. Thank you.

2. GRIMLET

GRIMLET Deceased

3. GRIMLET

GRIMLET Deceased

Now, someone will post foreign aid keeps the economy going by building tanks and jets we give on foreign aid packages.

I will go for aid for a natural disaster if the country cant help itself.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

4. J_P

J_P

5. Gallium

Gallium CLM

We could save a lot more by dissolving police depts all over the country, and deputizing the citizenry. ;)

6. AsSeenOnTV

AsSeenOnTV

I like them all but this one needs some adjusting. Stop all foreign aid, except to mexico. Keep the promise to Mexico and its billions of dollars. Then tell President Calderon that for every illegal we catch here, we will then charge them 10,000 dollars for processing and transporting them back to Mexico.
    He will laugh and tell us that is ridiculous.
    Then next year as President Calderon is waiting for that big check to arrive and sees the bill for all the illegal immigrants the US has captured, and how now little money is left from our 'Aide package', the very next day he will send the Mexican army to guard the borders and stop illegal immigration into our country from the south. :supergrin:

7. J_P

J_P

Idk about that one buddy, to many George Zimmerman's in this country.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

8. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

Line item 1, false during our nations founding and after the war we did receive financial aid... from those damn French and I believe there were a couple of other nations that helped as well. But the French were very interested in our success.

Other than that correction I agree 100% with your prose! Can't help others if we are unable to help ourselves first.

9. SPIN2010

SPIN2010 Searching ...

Hey D,

I just went to the Mason, Ohio "Town Meeting" with congressman Steve Chabot. I took my sign and I asked questions ... stole the show by bringing all the 2nd/war/$$/kenyan statements on my sign. Chabot even slipped up and started talking US NAVY/USMC from my statements on the sign.

I can tell you that by the presentation Republican Mr. Steve Chabot (OH) provided ... we are doomed as a nation. If you did not know Chabot was (R) you could have believed he was a democrat. Truly a RINO there with love of all his benefits that you do not get as a citizen.

He made no stand other than to say he supports less gun control (possibly, if ... ), basically said it was going to be "Cave in to the democrats" from here on out.

Best statement of the night from ole' stevie was: I did not know that TSA/homeland security was buying 7K of assault weapons and 2M 9mm/.40/5.56mm ammo ... I will look into it.

UNREAL!

Home Run on the OP, BTW.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  10. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Sir, what is the extent of your travels outside of the USA (excluding military service, but you can include it too)?

- G

11. Cooper

Cooper

1. Look at the budget. See what the biggest expenditures are. Hint: Foreign aid isn't among them.
    2. Re-assess.

12. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

To attempt that we'd first have to eliminate our dependence on foreign oil.
    Drill/build refineries here, instead of the almost complete hands off restrictions of the liberal greenies.

13. *ASH*

*ASH* in hell everyone loves popcorn

and build more ranges . :wolf::wolf::wolf:

14. pizza_pablo

pizza_pablo USN Retired

15. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Foreign aid is a rounding error in the budget and probably a money saver in the long run.

I don't like it but it come with the territory in maintaining an empire

16. RenoF250

RenoF250

17. TrybalRage

TrybalRage Rule of wrist..

Funny that everyone sounds all for this, but when a presidential candidate comes up the same thing, half of GT calls him a kook.

18. devildog2067

devildog2067

Foreign aid is hardly a drop in the bucket. Stopping all foreign wouldn't even cover a single day of Social Security, Medicare and welfare spending.

No, but we do live here, and pretending that what happens in the rest of it doesn't affect us is just ignorant.

How do you plan to do that, with no overseas bases, no ability to project power, no troops?

There's a reason cops carry a baton and OC in addition to a gun. You need a continuum of force. You need options in between "ignore" and "nuke."

No argument there.

Yeah, not even close. I'm not even going to say "nice try."

Any attempt to fix the fiscal problem must start with cuts to Social Security and Medicare. They are the budget items that matter. You could cut literally everything else and you still wouldn't come close to fixing the problem.

19. devildog2067

devildog2067

PS: The "single day" comment is a bit of an exaggeration, in case that didn't come across. But not much of one--Social Security spending alone was ~15x what foreign aid spending comes to.

20. devildog2067

devildog2067

PPS: I think the very first step towards ending the budget crisis is giving Americans enough math education to understand why the plan you propose is stupid.

Social Security, Medicare, defense. Those are the buckets that matter. Fix those.