close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

How to permanently get rid of ASK tool/menu bar?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Thirties, Mar 28, 2010.

1. I installed this thing by mistake when installing another application. I uninstalled the app, but the ASK toolbar is still there. anyone know how to get rid?

Windows XP using Firefox 3.6.2

2. Sorry, folks. I figured it out. go to the add/remove software and find it under Ask. Easily removed just like any other program.

3. unit 900

unit 900

Sep 3, 2000
    Baltimore, Md
    You're a lucky guy. I had the same issue over the weekend. I couldn't get it off, even after using Revo Uninstaller. Drove me nuts. Had to do a System Restore (Vista) to an earlier state to finally lose the bar. They truly suck.

4. Those third-party bars are awefull. I was a bit too quick with the mouse click, and neglected to read the screen before I ok'ed it.

5. unit 900

unit 900

Sep 3, 2000
    Baltimore, Md
    I patted myself on the back too soon. I rebooted the laptop tonight and the Ask toolbar has returned. It must write something to the registry and like novelty birthday candle, will not die.:steamed: