close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

How to mount large flashlight to AR?

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by toshbar, Sep 24, 2012.

1. toshbar

toshbar Timber Baron

Oct 20, 2009
    Eastern NC
    I want to mount my Fenix TK-41 to the picatinny handguards on my AR. The barrel of the light is 1.575" in diameter and 5" long. I would like to mount it like a scope using two scope rings, but I can't find any rings that would fit around the light.

Yes, this is absolutely necessary. The light is 800 lumens and good to 400-500 yards to make out targets. I need more than what a regular 1" dia. ~200 lumen light can provide.

Any suggestions other than some metal cable clamps?

2. toshbar

toshbar Timber Baron

Oct 20, 2009
    Eastern NC
    Nothing? I guess a few hose clamps will do just fine.

[​IMG]

3. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

Feb 13, 2001
    North-Central USA
    Can't help you with mounting your large light; short of making a mount out of angle-iron and U-bolt muffler clamps, I don't think you're gonna find a reasonable way get it attached to your rifle.

I will suggest this as another option; I recently bought one, and I was so impressed that I just ordered another:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Streamlight-88040-Professional-Tactical-Holster/dp/B007RB82CS"]Streamlight 88040 ProTAC HL High Lumen Professional Tactical Light with white LED and Holster,Black - Amazon.com@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41fKXyJvEHL.@@AMEPARAM@@41fKXyJvEHL[/ame]

600 lumens, although the chart provided with it seems to indicate it drops back into the 500+ range a bit after the first few minutes. Even at 400-500, in this size light, there's not much else out there that will match it.

Not sure how it (or your TK-41) would hold up under recoil forces, though.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  4. Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  5. Cochese

Cochese Most mackinest CLM

Jun 30, 2004
    Unmarked Rustbox

Lol.

Get a MC-G33 from MTE.

A TK40 sized light on an AR15 is redick.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

6. toshbar

toshbar Timber Baron

Oct 20, 2009
    Eastern NC
    Not sure about recoil. I'll shim the battery carriage so it can't move. It's nothing permanent and definitely not something I'd buy a new light for. Just a few dogs coming around the house at night and coming after my animals.

7. Doughnutman_923

Doughnutman_923

Jun 20, 2011
    USA
    Anything can be done. I once saw a guy with a 4 D-Cell Maglight mounted to the bottom of his AR.

*No Duct tape.

8. toshbar

toshbar Timber Baron

Oct 20, 2009
    Eastern NC
    He got 50 lumens for what, +3 lbs. :rofl: