Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

How to improve the "Feel" of a Glock grip

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by SigGlock, Jan 7, 2012.

1. SigGlock

Dec 31, 2011
    Fellow Americans,
    First timer here at GT. I have a Glock 22 Gen4 that is accurate, reliable, durable, etc. But the feel of a Glock in my hand might force me to sell it. I put a Hogue HandAll grip sleeve on it, and it feels soooo much better. But the Handall tends to slip upward, which just isn't good for shooting. So here is my question: Has anyone tried to improve a Glock grip by using a softer polymer material that starts out as a thick liquid and cures into a rubbery substance, something that would permanently stick to the grip and provide a softer surface, such as Permatex, SeamGrip, or something similar? I hope Glock goes ergo, and uses a co-molded rubber grip, on any Gen 5 in the future. Maybe an aftermarket company can make big money with a co-molded rubber gripped frame. The Glock combo of blocky shape and hard polymer is truly dated- look at the HK P30 and Sig P226 for hard polymer ergos!!!
  2. Angry Fist

Angry Fist Dehumanizer® Lifetime Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Hellbilly Hill
    Welcome to GT. :wavey:

There are several options. There is a Pachmayr grip sleeve that some people prefer, and many use a bicycle inner tube. Very effective. There are Talon Grips, which can't be beat for $10 free shipping. More extreme options are grip stippling and/or reduction. You can stipple the grip yourself with either a dremel or soldering iron. Don't worry about the resale value or warranty. Glocks are too cheap for me to care about that, and if it makes you a better shooter, you should consider it.

If you don't want to do this yourself, check out Cold Bore Customs. A rock solid grip on your weapon is an absolute must.
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2012

3. Bruce M

Bruce M

Jan 3, 2010
    S FL
    This one probably feels very good...[​IMG]
  4. rick458

rick458 USS Texas BB-35

Jan 31, 2003
    La Porte Texas
    I found that relieving the underside of the trigger guard does wonders for the feel of a Full size glock, works pretty nice on the sub compact too.
  5. kashdaddy

kashdaddy Glockaholic

Dec 25, 2010
    Umm, Earth!
    What he say!

6. Angry Fist

Dec 30, 2009
    Hellbilly Hill
    That's right. I had Robar do mine, and that little bit of plastic removed translates into a lower bore axis, making it more controllable, and in my case, accurate.
  7. glocker1

Mar 12, 2009
    I found that a section of bicycle tube cut to size and slipped over the grip works best for me.
  8. ghr1142

May 26, 2011
    I had a simalar problem till I used a Hogue HanDall grip . I'm guessing that yours is not put on the right way. The finger groovs in the grip must marry up with the ones on the gun grip. I have them on most of my Glocks and have no problems.
    G-17 -19- 26 - 27- 33-
  9. JBP55

Mar 4, 2007
    I tried the rubber type grips for Glocks and they are slippery in your hand when wet. The best Glock grip ever was the RTF2 and the G4 comes in second.
  10. SigGlock

Dec 31, 2011

I made sure the grip grooves lined up perfectly with the Hougue HandAll grooves. During dynamic shooting sessions of 200-300 rounds, the HandAll slips upward.
    I'll try the inner tube- has anyone used a tube from a road bike- 700x 19-25?? Or do I need to use a 26x 1.75-2.0 MTB tube?
  11. mah77

Dec 20, 2011
    Hand transplant?
  12. A soldering iron and about 3 hours of your time.....

Feels like a cats tongue and the gun doesnt move in your hand at all.
  13. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    If it can slip upward while you are shooting, YOU need work more than the gun. Your hand should already be forced as high up the grip of the gun as the shape will allow. I recommend never putting anything on the grip of the gun and working on the grip of your hand.

However, if you really need something on the grip, skateboard grip tape works better than the slip-on junk.
  14. kashdaddy

kashdaddy Glockaholic

Dec 25, 2010
    Umm, Earth!
    never had that problem with hogue - very weird. hogue is one grip that dont move easily when put on correctly. if you think the hogue move then dont get the Pachmay. I prefer the Pachmayr because the hogue makes the grip too thick.
  15. JChapEGS

Jan 5, 2010
    26 x 1.75 - 2 works great.

16. awq134

Jun 2, 2009
    ontario, oh
    Not that familiar with bike tire innertubes, but i just bought a 24" or 26" inner tube from wal mart and it did wonders for me... and the best part is if you mess it up cutting it, you have at least a dozen more tries to get it right. Although it takes a lot of effort to stretch it onto a full size frame.
  17. cfr

Feb 24, 2010
    This is what I went with also after having a Hogue for a year. Then the Hogue started turning and I got frustrated. If it didnt turn Id probably still be using it. Glad it did really as I like the inner tube better. Not sure why it makes it feel sooooo much better (?), but like the OP I wasnt liking my Gen 4 22 enough to keep it until I did this.
  18. Angry Fist

Dec 30, 2009
    Hellbilly Hill
  19. Your right, its great for a lot of things. Glock knives benefit greatly from it as well.
  20. rpew1

Nov 29, 2011
    Do you have a picture of how much you had taken off and what it looks like afterwards? I was thinking of doing the same to my 23