close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

How to hook up computer to your stereo

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by SanduneCC, Dec 2, 2004.

1. SanduneCC

SanduneCC Senior Member

Sep 10, 2001
    Boondocks, USA
    to play music? I know this is a dumbo question but how do you hook this up? The only way I can think of is use the output from the sound card and use a Y adapter with dual RCA plugs to plug into your receiver. Is that right?

2. kage

kage proveyourealive

Aug 3, 2004
    Fort Worth, TX

3. fastvfr

fastvfr Ancient Tech

Mar 28, 2001
    SW Oregon
    That is one way.

Another way is to use an FM transmitter from your speakers, which allows your FM receiver to pick up the signal.

The downside is that most of them are powered by 2 AAA batteries....though since I use one in the truck for CD's I have 4 AAA Li Ion rechargeables handy, with two of them always freshly charged.

Another way to go is to build up a apeaker system; a decent 400W bass amp and a 300w preamp with crossovers works well for quite a few speakers.

But doing this wrong means that you get stereo, but can't take advantage of the EAX III or other special features of the sound card, so going with a decent (thing Klipsch or Logitech) 5.1 system is usually best.

But as far as connecting a stereo to your PC, it is no different than connecting your TV's Audio Out to the receiver. You might need a 1/8" to 1/4" adapter, but that's about it.

4. podwich

podwich

Sep 7, 2000
    MI
    Some sound cards also have the digital coax line out that you can use as well.