close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

How to get started in Reloading

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Colorado4Wheel, Mar 27, 2009.

1. I think you should include a bullet puller. It is early on when people make mistakes and they want to pull their work apart. They need the equipment to pull it apart safely.

2. T_from_Fla

T_from_Fla

May 22, 2012
    This thread has been very helpful, thanks! I have been an occasional reloader on an RCBS single stage for the last 20 years. Until recently, I loaded only 30-06. I just got into loading straight wall and got tired of the single stage real quick with that. Had it not been for this thread, I would have never known about these options and the reasoning behind the different choices. Awesome info! Thanks again.

3. thinblueline90

thinblueline90 Always Watching

May 22, 2012
    Thanks for posting this thread been thinking about trying to do reloads just never knew where to start. This was really very helpful.

4. jellis11

jellis11 Yippee-ki-yay

Jul 27, 2011
    South Kakalaki
    Hey, just wanted to say thanks. I've been wanting to reload for years and finally got some money saved. lol just in time for everything to be out of stock. But oh well. This has been a great help.

5. AtlantaR6

AtlantaR6

Jul 29, 2004
    lol right there with you. I'm giving it 6 more months to cool down, have some EBay and Craigslist alerts already set!

6. Goldsmithy

Goldsmithy

Mar 12, 2014
    Ohio
    Thanks for the great information. It's really important to noobs like me.

7. The Kempf Kit does not seem to be available any longer. I ordered exactly your Lee Classic Turrent set up recommendations from Midsouth Shooters Supply, Ebay, and the Dillon Eliminator scale from Dillon. I appreciate the effort you put into posting this information. I have been toying with the idea of reloading for a few years, but just made the first investment. Your sticky reaffirmed some recommendations and cautions I had read elsewhere, but made it much easier for me to make a decision and cease researching.

8. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    https://kempfgunshop.com//index.php...facturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=41

9. PewPewPew19

PewPewPew19

Mar 3, 2014
  10. Zeker

Zeker

Oct 18, 2001
    Northern Va
    For years I ran two Dillon XL650's along with a case timmer and swager on my basement workbench which pretty much left no space for other uses. I sold one XL650 to recover some space but still found the bench cramped for AR building, rifle cleaning, etc. I had a Rockwell "Jawhorse" in my woodshop that I rarely used so I built a top out of 2x4s and 3/4" plywood with enough space for the XL650 on one end, a RCPS Rock Chucker on the other end, a trimmer and swager in between, and room for other necessary supplies and equipment. The jawhorse has 1 ton of clamping force and solidly holds the top in place. It worked like a charm! Everything I need to reload is at hand and and it is rock solid. When not in use I put removable casters under the feet and move it into a corner out of the way. If I need the Jawhorse for someything else, I can easily un-clamp the top and temporarily remove it (with a little help) and then reinstall it.

If space is an issue for reloading, the Jawhorse may be a solution.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
  11. man.cave

man.cave

Mar 6, 2012
    NC

Nice mobile setup

12. Happy G41

Happy G41

Dec 24, 2014
    Thanks Colorado4wheel for sharing your equipment knowledge with us soon to be reloaders.

13. Anomander

Anomander

Aug 7, 2015
    Just bid on a Hornady lock n load. I am less concerned about saving money than just having more control over my supply of ammo. I may not get it and I may change my mind but I am interested.

14. Colorado4Wheel

Colorado4Wheel

Nov 2, 2006
    CO
    Wow. Somehow the original text got all messed up. I fixed it I think. Let me know if you see anything that looks off.

15. NUB2Glocks

NUB2Glocks

Jan 4, 2016
    Can someone give a rough estimate on the cost of a very basic reloading set up for 9mm? I will be investing on one by the summer. Thanks