close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

How To Disassemble an AK Rifle

Discussion in 'Survival/Preparedness Forum' started by Leave A Tip, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Leave A Tip

Leave A Tip

Jul 7, 2011
    Though AK rifles are renowned for their simplicity, it can be difficult for a beginner to figure out how to disassemble one. I’ve put together this quick video how-to for field stripping an AK for cleaning and examination.

[There is a video that cannot be displayed in this feed. Visit the blog entry to see the video.]

Read More Great Tips Here...

2. cyrsequipment

cyrsequipment Angry

Aug 8, 2004
    Maine
    :dunno:

I'm not sure exactly who considers an AK to be difficult to disassemble, but the hippie in the video needs to get a haircut and stop wearing that hat if he is gonna be on video...

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  3. FatBoy

FatBoy Millennium Member

Sep 2, 1999
    ME
    Please, this stuff is really about useless. There's only one button and a hand full of parts.

FB

4. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

We shot an auto AK once for a few hundred rounds non-stop and it disassembled itself. Not explosively, but the spring parts and top cover just decided it didn't want to stay on the rifle anymore. Not to disparage the AK which is a fine fighting gun but I think our example (ATF seizure) probably wasn't maintained too well and probably abused by the previous owners who are serving time in federal pen.

5. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

Sep 28, 2009
    This whole effing board is turning into one big fat advertisement, and burying a lot of threads with this crap.

Enough already. No tip for advertisers.

6. pugman

pugman

May 16, 2003
    Wisconsin
  7. GeorgiaGlockMan

GeorgiaGlockMan Aggie in Exile.

Nov 18, 2003
    Bad-Lands Ranch
    +1 sadley it is pushing me away from the site . . . .

8. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

It's not the same thing... you can disassemble it and just look at the parts... then reassemble the parts without cleaning it. That could be a fun activity for the family... kinda like puzzles with lethal weapons!

9. RED64CJ5

RED64CJ5

Jul 7, 2003
    I have been a paid subscriber in the past but I will no longer support it if this tipping doesn't stop.

10. El_Ron1

El_Ron1 AAAAAAAAGHHH!!!

Apr 15, 2004
    Redneck Sparta
    :supergrin:

:beer: