close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

How to adjust fixed sights to right?

Discussion in 'Ruger Club' started by DustyJacket, Jul 18, 2012.

1. DustyJacket

DustyJacket Directiv 10-289

Oct 16, 2008
    Missouri, East of KC
    Yesterday I received a New Vaquero birdshead in .45ACP
    [​IMG]

Today I went to the range, shooting at 15 yards. (Eyes getting old!)

This is a smooth shooting gun, with a trigger like butter.

It is shooting about 4 3/4" low and a 2+" to the left.

I tried a tight hold, very very loose hold, one hand, etc.
    If I held it with just the middle and ring finger, and let it whip up, I got it higher but only about 2 inches and it felt really sloppy.

I tried 3 different loads (bulk FMJ, self defense JHP, and lead target loads). All hit fairly close together. My goal is to use the same ammo in this and my autoloader. I put 160+ rounds downrange.

After I got home, I stuck a bore-sighting laser down the barrel. The bore is definitely pointing to the left.

Aiming at the red target. Had to move it around to get close to the center. 12-shot group. The target is pretty shot out by now and mostly just pasters near the center.
    [​IMG]

I can file the top of the front sight to make the group come up.

How to change horizontally? File the rear notch to the right? Something else?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  2. I think a smith could move the front sight for you. I would adjust windage first, then dial in the elevation.