close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

How tall are your aftermarket sights? I'm hitting way too high.

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by eric10mm, Dec 22, 2012.

1. eric10mm

eric10mm

Jun 15, 2006
    I must be a slow learner.

On my now third different 9mm Glock I have installed a set of Heinie sights. I really like the precise sight picture they give me. I installed a Classic/Original set on a 17L, a SlantPro 3-dot tritium set on a G17 and now a SlantPro Ledge 3-dot tritium set on a G19. Heinie sights are far from cheap. On all three pistols the rear sight in the set is .250" tall and the front sights is .215" tall. On all three pistols the shots were impacting ~4-6" high at 25yds with 115gn bullets. I had other shooters try the guns with the same results.

I measured the OE sight heights, which hit POA=POI, to be .175" rear and .165" front for a difference of .010" height. The Heinies' have a height difference of .035" which equals .025" more differential than the OE sights.

With the 17 & 17L, after working my way through their customer service department, eventually I got to speak to Richard Heinie himself. His only offer of help was to offer me reduced purchase prices on taller replacement front sights. So, gritting my teeth, I paid for replacement taller front sights on the G17 & G17L. Now it appears that I must do this again with the G19.

I would greatly appreciate it if you all would give me the installed height of your aftermarket sight sets that hit POA=POI for comparison.

Thank you,
    Eric

2. smokin762

smokin762

Apr 19, 2009
    Ohio
    I have Mepro Night Sights on 4 of my Glocks and a set of OEM Night Sights on 1 of my Glocks. At 7 yards, they are at point of aim. At 25 yards, I have to use a 6 O clock hold.

3. SJ 40

SJ 40

Jan 17, 2011
    Vermont