close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

How much will you pay for DW CBOB 2011

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by zippo, Dec 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zippo

zippo

Mar 23, 2005
    west cost area
    Hi...

I would like to ask how much are U willing to pay for NEW DAN WESSON CBOB 2011 model. YES is 2011 model only for CA resident.
    I
    my local dealer have one in stock and he asking price$1725 +tax(.0975%)+35:wow:

total=1928.15 OTD.

I did not ask about any discoust or lower price that he can give, I just SHOCK about that price tag that he post.

it is way to much for this gun. what do U think will be fair price for this gun ?
    and for the same price range $1700-1900 which will be your choice .:cool: I thinking about Les Baer Coustom carry or P II is better deal :embarassed:

thank
    zippo

2. MD357

MD357

Jul 13, 2008
    Yeah for that much I'm looking for a used Wilson, Brown, or new Baer.

3. Cerebrus

Cerebrus Guest

I am thinking $1,200 for a Cbob would be about as much as I would pay.. $1,900 otd, and I am looking at a new Baer..

4. ^^^^this^^^^

5. Hokie1911

Hokie1911 >

Dec 26, 2003
    NE Ohio
    We were discussing this a few weeks ago. I was under the impression that the CBOB was no longer in production per the 2011 DW catalog, unless they failed to list it as an "only CA model". The VBOB and .45 Guardian were listed however.

In regards to your question, be sure to ask if you at least get kissed first and bring your favorite lubricant. The CBOB was a tremendous value at it's '09 price around $1k. The '10 price of $1,200+...no so much because you are sneaking into VBOB price at $1,400. Above that, you are in Baer territory...which is a much nicer gun. Close to $2k, you are in Brown territory, as a Kobra Carry will run $2,100.

6. Tell him if he just went in the back and took a hit of crack before he gave you that pricing...

7. it must be a "custom" CBOB. For that price, you can have a VBOB Stainless.

8. awpk03s

awpk03s

Apr 1, 2007
    Ohio
    That much money for a CBOB is just stupid.

9. nolt

nolt DONT PANIC!

Aug 4, 2009
    you could almost buy a baer commanche and have the damn thing bobbed for that much money

Last edited: Dec 27, 2010
  10. EdMac87

EdMac87

Oct 15, 2010
    WAYYYY too much money!

I wanted a CBOB for a couple of years and finally got one in early '09. After having it for a while I just wasn't in love with it and sold it without ever feeling a bit of regret.

For the money you say this guy wants there are lots of nicer guns.

11. Hokie1911

Hokie1911 >

Dec 26, 2003
    NE Ohio
    Wade's custom VBOB wasn't even that much.

12. TKR Reptiles

TKR Reptiles Thread Killer

Oct 19, 2010
    Norman, OK
    $5.00 is what I'd pay for one... :animlol:

Last edited: Dec 27, 2010
  13. :rofl:

This new 2011 CBOB, they made it custom and swapped out the forged frame for a casted one. :rofl:

14. Wade-19

Wade-19

Sep 24, 2007
    St. Louis
    Not in CA. They only get the CBOB .

15. another reason why I won't move to CA.

16. zippo

zippo

Mar 23, 2005
    west cost area
    yes ...I think is too much for CBOB also.

next years may be looking for Les Bare better.

17. sns3guppy

sns3guppy

Sep 4, 2006
    Dan Wesson firearms were the secret deal when they could be had for nine hundred bucks. I bought a new Heritage early this year, for nine fifty. It's tight, accurate, reliable, and well fit. I bought a CCO this year, and it's the same, though I haven't had time to break it in, and it did have some teething problems when I first took it to the range.

For the money being asked presently, I don't think it's worth looking to their firearms. I like Dan Wesson products, just not at that price. Go get a nice Kobra Carry, or something along those lines, instead.

18. Sarge43

Sarge43

Aug 22, 2010
    Kansas
    Something wrong here, as the 2011's aren't even out yet as far as I know. You can get a 2010 CBOB on Bud's, Gunbroker etc for around $1,200, so I don't know why the dealer would have it marked outrageously high like that. The CBOB being on the CA list does put it at a premium it seems. It's too bad.
    Sarge

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.