close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How Much Are They Worth?

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by frankr, Mar 2, 2013.

1. frankr

frankr
    Expand Collapse

Was digging around in the back of my gun safe and found a 100 round Winchester White Box 40 S&W FMJ and a Glock 22Gen 4 magazine (15 round). Evidently they are left over from when I had a Glock 22. In today’s crazy market what do you think I can get for both?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Glockdude1

Glockdude1
    Expand Collapse
    Federal Member
    CLM

#2 Glockdude1, Mar 2, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  3. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster
    Expand Collapse
    Millennium Member

4. Glock19Fan

Glock19Fan
    Expand Collapse
    Cool Guy

In my area it wouldnt last long for $75 all together.

You could also put it up for trade for something you lack. When it comes to firearms and ammo I tend to trade off rather than sell, especially now when prices and availability are always uncertain. Luckily I am well stocked up on everything but its still nice to help people out becuase I actually feel bad for some of they guys who werent able to stock up.

5. frankr

frankr
    Expand Collapse

I’m not to bad off but could be better. I have a Glock 19 and Glock 26 both less than a year old with 4 magazine each plus 600 rounds of 9mm FMJ and 300 rounds of self defense JHP loads. Not sure if I want to hang onto the 100 round WWB 40 S&W and magazine or trade. I’ll take them to the next gun show in my area and see what I can get for them. I might be willing to trade for a couple of factory 9mm magazines.

6. Glock19Fan

Glock19Fan
    Expand Collapse
    Cool Guy

Sounds good. In my experience I usually get more out of trades anyway. It seems like when I sell something, all I get is low ball offers. Then when I want to buy something, everything is gouged.

7. G23c

G23c
    Expand Collapse

I agree, about $40 each.

8. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster
    Expand Collapse
    Millennium Member

Just wait a few weeks - the prices will be even higher.

9. Glock19Fan

Glock19Fan
    Expand Collapse
    Cool Guy

In my area prices have been steadily going down

10. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster
    Expand Collapse
    Millennium Member

Really? That's good news!

11. esminbritt

esminbritt
    Expand Collapse
    Elias

That's about the same amounts of 9 FMJ's anf JHP's that I have. I think it's a very comfortable amount. I acn load everything in the truck in 5 minutes. I get how some guys like to stockpile 10k rounds. But my plan if the SHTF is evasion maneuvers. Think like a rabbit, and be ready to shoot your way out of the rabbit hole if need be. Defending a static structure doesn't really seem feasible these days. Just My Opinion. If I don't have room i my truck for it, I dont need it that bad. I'm more of a "pick your battles carefully, and pick your shots even more careful" kind of guy. My second cousin just passed away. I went to help his brother unload his basement. This guy had 10K rounds EACH of 10 ga., 12 ga., .223, .308, 762x39, 9mm, 45acp. It took me an hour and a half just to UNLOAD it. It was a little tough to moving unopened 1000 rd cases of stuff that I can't get my hands on. But like I said, I content w/ what I have for now.

12. zysus

zysus
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, not in my area. I just paid $1800 for an AR-15 that retails for $1300 because you just can't get anything.

I have stripped lowers as well and I can't even get parts to build them up. All the online retailers are out with a 3+ month lead time. Awesome.

I'm thinking I might open my own machine shop. I figure it can't take the ATF much more than 3 months to issue an FFL mfg license.

13. CA Escapee

CA Escapee
    Expand Collapse
    Finally!

Here's another data point for you. There's a shop in Loveland, CO that has both. Magazines, $30, ammo, $40. I saw magazines at the last Denver show for $99, needless to say the dealer took them home when it was time to pack it up.

You'd be much better off trading the mag and ammo at a show than trying to sell it to a dealer there.

Bill

#13 CA Escapee, Mar 9, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  14. Glock19Fan

Glock19Fan
    Expand Collapse
    Cool Guy

In my area there is almost of a surplus of ARs. I even seen an updated advirtisement for a Bushmaster (carbon?) AR15 for $899.

On the private market they are selling for $1000-$1200 and even brass cased ammo is starting to sell for around $.60 a round.

The only thing in my area that is hard to get is 9mm and .22LR ammo. 9mm ammo goes for $.50-$60 a round and a 550 pack of any .22LR goes for $60.

15. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster
    Expand Collapse
    Millennium Member

$60 for a brick of .22s? Wow.

16. frankr

frankr
    Expand Collapse

I’m glad I was able to get a good supply of 9mm both in FMJ and JHP before they became so scarce.

17. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster
    Expand Collapse
    Millennium Member

A lot of smart shoppers do that. They stock up in times of plenty.