Glock Talk banner

How much abuse can a supressor take?

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  MisterHelix 
#1 ·
To start, my Specwar 556K just got out of jail. I plan to keep it on my SBR and I don't see the need to remove it unless I'm cleaning my AR.

On that note, how much abuse can a supressor handle? My safe has very little in the way of internal accoutraments, thus my AR will be leaning up against the side wall. If I take it out to three gun, starting position will often be hot end down in a barrel.

Do I have to worry that my supressor will bend or break? I know that Silencerco makes great products and has a stand up warranty. I'd rather avoid stupid mistakes from the get go, but I don't want to go around treating my supressor with kid gloves if it doesn't require it.

#4 ·
If the 556 version is built like my Specwar762, I wouldn't worry about it at all. Mine has been inadvertently whacked on safe doors, rocks, farm gates, etc.

It's probably way tougher than the aluminum upper and lower on your AR.

My pistol can (Octane9HD) feels significantly more delicate, with aluminum sleeves and endcaps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.