close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How many rounds does your trigger spring last

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by sonoma, Aug 16, 2012.

1. sonoma

sonoma

I had one trigger spring last 15.000 rounds.I had lone wolf install one at the last big gun show for me and it lasted less than 4000 rounds.For the people that do a lot of shooting how many rounds do you get before your trigger spring breaks?

2. JBP55

JBP55

I change all my springs at 10,000 rounds or yearly and never had one break.
    I use OEM Glock trigger springs.

3. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

I don't know the answer. My 1996 G19 now has 84,000 rounds fired with the original trigger spring. I'll let you know if it ever breaks. The firing pin spring is original too.

4. Eagle1

Eagle1 Oh glockaholic!

ive got over 15,000 thru my EMW*** G19 and she still runs great

5. Batesmotel

Batesmotel

Well over 110,000 in a Gen 1 G17.

6. MrVvrroomm

MrVvrroomm

An oem Glock trigger spring will last forever. Anything aftermarket, no so long.

I replace the non-oem trigger spring in my Lim10/Limited gun every 4-5K rounds.

7. et45

et45

your supposed to change them?,been shooting Glocks since 91 never had one break

8. sciolist

sciolist

I'm not going to zero a stage over a tiny coil spring, so I'll just replace it each year. Might as well do something similar for the carry gun.

9. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur Millennium Member CLM

The gun still works after the trigger spring breaks, the shooter just has to know how to run it.
    Click-> http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/blog.php?b=10

10. bradhenn

bradhenn

The problem with the broken trigger springs was *some* of the cruciforms had trigger spring holes that were sharp and not smoothed out well, so they would wear through the spring. Polishing the hole to take out the burrs and roughness will fix it.

When Glocks first came into the country they did the 10,000 round tests and the trigger springs would break routinely. Polishing the hole lets the spring end move smoothly without the wear. I think this problem has been fixed since Gen 2 guns, but maybe you got a rough one.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  11. JR

JR Moderator Millennium Member

This is the first I have heard of a LWD trigger spring failure. What gun show did you get the spring installed? I am wondering if an LWD Armorer installed it or an independent contractor?
    What spring did you purchase? Was it a 4,5 or 6 pound?
    Where did the spring break? Was it on the upper or lower hook or did a coil come apart?

Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  12. ChicagoZman

ChicagoZman

While I don't have near the rounds through my 23 as Danny has through his 19 (guessing around 25-30k in twenty years), never have had a spring of any type break and I've only replaced the RSA three times. Rest of the gun (sights excepted) is still factory stock.

13. CDW4ME

CDW4ME

Supposedly the NY trigger spring is even more durable than the regular?

14. Aux Bear

Aux Bear

Changed one out for a staff deputy. G22 was 12 years old and well worn / broken in. Other armorers in the group all wanted to see it because they had never had to change one. We're talking over 60 years of armorer time with a collection of over 650 issued G22s. Guess I'm priviledged. Of course I'm also the one to get a box of Federal .40 ammo with one round not having a ejector groove in it. Aargh!

15. sonoma

sonoma

To answer some of JRs questions.My trigger spring was installed at the wannemecher gun show in Tulsa this past April.It was installed by an lone wolf armorer.He took my gun apart and cleaned it for me.I asked him to install the same pound of spring as is oem.It broke on the top part of the spring at the bottom of the curve.

16. JR

JR Moderator Millennium Member

Glock Inc had a sever issue with early trigger bars breaking trigger springs in the top part of the loop. If one of my Armorers did the install he should have caught the issue if it was trigger bar related. Problem is..... I dont know what spring was installed? Could have been OEM, Wolf Gunspring or LWD?
    Whatever the case, email me your mailing address and I will send a replacement jr@lonewolfdist.com

17. SJ 40

SJ 40

I thought it was just winchester that didn't put extractor grooves on their cases. SJ 40

18. sonoma

sonoma

Thanks for the offer of the trigger spring.I have a few extra now, so its not a problem.It was actually a good thing because it taught me how to take apart my frame.