close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How many recruits fit in one porta-john?

Discussion in 'The US Marine Corps Forum' started by jonusmcg, Jun 18, 2008.

1. jonusmcg

jonusmcg
    Expand Collapse

Silly question:

Me and some guys were discussing old bootcamp stories today. Someone brought up their rifle range story of when the DI made 5 recruits fit into 1 porta-john at the same time. Seems everyone there had the same story! Do any of you have the same story? If so, how many fit inside of that porta-john????

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. TampaXB

TampaXB
    Expand Collapse

We fit 6 in the big ones by the PI parade deck. Someone told me you can do 7 if someone stands in the corner by the seat.

3. luv2brode

luv2brode
    Expand Collapse

like everything else in the mil when it comes to recruits always room for 1 more

4. jonusmcg

jonusmcg
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, seems funny cause I remember having to do it myself but then once we were all inside, no one could take a leak because there was just no room! Kinda defeated the purpose of requesting permission to make a head call in the first place!

5. 428marine

428marine
    Expand Collapse

I don't remember how many exactly but 5-6 sounds about right. The tread title sure brought back memories. It's amazing how funny that stuff is when you look back on it.

6. 93GT

93GT
    Expand Collapse
    The Ogre

It depends on how big they are, but normally 6-7 when I was there. The real question is did they ever make you go 4 to a urinal or go number one in the same toilet while another recruit was doing number two....sick bastards.

7. jonusmcg

jonusmcg
    Expand Collapse

HAHA! I don't know, but I wouldn't put it past them! I can honestly say that some of my fondest memories are from those three months on Parris Island.

8. 02LimitedX

02LimitedX
    Expand Collapse

we had 5, but im sure our DIs could have motivated another recruit in there! how about 87 recruits in 12 stalls!?!

9. jonusmcg

jonusmcg
    Expand Collapse

Lol! Yup, been there.....memories.....:supergrin:

10. jekbrown

jekbrown
    Expand Collapse

AFAIK, no one in my plt ever did anything like that. Of course, I was so focused on shooting, I don't have a single memory of going to the head even once during that time...