How many people don't have ID

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by knoxvegasdaddy, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Paul53

Paul53 Geezer Boomer

Wow! Really eye opening to me. But then I play by the rules. Well, maybe 5mph over the limit. Thumb print for TX DL. Full photo and fingerprints in each state I've used my nursing license, same to get my TX CCL.

Closest I've come to the ID stuff is when people register for the ER, then another person comes when called. I admit that if they're not seeking narcotics, just need care for a legit medical problem, well, I've got other things to do before I deny somebody the healthcare they need. Let the insurance company work out how some guy had a miscarriage!

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. hard to say what %, lets see, how many millions illegals in this country????

3. In NY, a summons is in lieu of an arrest. To be more clear. I CAN make a custodial arrest of you you for rolling that stop sign. Instead, because tying myself up for that long is pointless, I issue you a summons to court at a later date.

4. txleapd

txleapd Hook 'Em Up

If you have ever had a state issued ID or DL (from any state), it can be checked and you identity can be verified.

The red flags we are talking about are people (adult age) who claim they have NEVER had any kind of state/government issued ID.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

#24 txleapd, Feb 21, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  5. I work with the mentally ill in my day job(working at getting back on as a reserve deputy right now). I can think of at least one client who does not have ID and is an adult(in theory anyway). It happens, especially when poverty and stupidity intersect.

6. All illegals in my experience too, for those claiming "no habla ingles" ... although I'm guessing many of them had some sort of ID issued in their native country at some point. I've been handed more than one Mexico driver's license that was expired by several years (i.e. it wouldn't have even been valid there, much less in the U.S.)

Shady currency exchange businesses will cash a check with just about anything... their standards are much lower than FDIC-insured banks. I have no doubt that fake/wrong ID's are used there all the time to cash checks, for illegals that aren't paid in cash (many of them).

7. Never encountered one if you don't count illegals.

8. They need some kind of ID to get free stuff...

9. My Mothers oldest Brother was born in the hills of Pennsylvania. No birth certificate. Midwife. Worked for the US Treas., WWII Vet, DL, SSN and the works. Came time, at age 49, to get married and couldn't. Had to hire a PI to go to his parents old neighborhood in Penn, get sworn affidavits from multiple persons attesting to his Mom having given birth to a son on or around his birthdate. Was presented to a Judge who then ordered a Birth Certificate issued. Sadly the next time it was needed was when he died. IL is a stickler for having you produce a birth certificate to match a death certificate if you have a life ins claim.

When I need a birth certificate I went through several weeks of nonsense trying to get one. Was born in Chicago, at home, late 40s. Obviously no hospital record, birth not registered with the city nor with Cook County. Finally tried the State of IL, Springfield, and there it was. Have never figured that one out. I was in my 30s and never needed it until I too wanted to get married. Ever try to get a copy of your bith certificate when they ask fo ID? It's like a circular argument. And I too am a Army Vet, Top secret clearance, DL since the 60's, worked since I was 16, always filed taxes, etc. Just, no birth certificate.

10. Jayman

Jayman Big Dummy

In VA/MD/DC as well. If you are being issued a summons but cannot identify yourself satisfactorily the officer can arrest. That way the ADC can sort it out and figure out who the heck you really are. Of course, for my last arrest, he had no ID on him, the magistrate wouldn't let him out until somebody could bring satisfactory ID, and I guess eventually they cut him loose, because he sure didn't show up for court. Warrant to issue and I guess I'll see him again when he turns back up....

11. knoxvegasdaddy

knoxvegasdaddy UBER VOL !!!

Um, so then it would be safe to say that US rep. James Clyburn's claim that "one in five people in South Carolina don't have ID" is probably a steaming hot mess of BS?

I am SOOOOOOO friggin' tired of politicians covering for the laziness and ineptitude of losers, then asking we citizens to put up with it, and asking you officers to clean up the mess.

:steamed::steamed::steamed:

Maybe the reason they are poor is BECAUSE they don't have ID. Ever think of that?

Now that would be an interesting study to undertake, but I bet there's not a single "Professor of ___________ Studies" even remotely interested.

Thanks for your responses. As usual, I learned something!:wavey:

12. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

It's the soft bigotry of low expectations which is the hallmark of liberal thinking. The saddest part is that the so-called black leaders like Clyburn and Sharpton perpetuate this stereotype which openly states that we cannot expect blacks and minorities to adhere to simple rules such as... get an ID to verify who you are to vote.

They make every excuse as to why something so simple as getting an ID cannot be done by those they supposedly represent, making it sound like they are just inept or lazy, or both. What kind of leader calls his people that?

If voting is so sacred, you would think that everyone would have an interest in protecting the right by ensuring only those who are supposed to vote, do get to vote. I sure would love to be assured that all the votes for any election are only cast by those who have the right to vote, but that's just me.

13. As a Sovereign Citizen, I have no ID!:supergrin:

14. The only ones I've encountered who do not have IDs are the ones who left them at home in anticipation of a law enforcement encounter.

Pretty much all of the illegals I've dealt with over the years had some form of ID on them, either the Mexican national ID or the consular ID card allowing them to open US bank accounts, utility accounts, cash checks, etc. If they're not careful, I'll also catch them with their fraudulent resident alien cards and social security cards they used to get jobs and benefits with...

15. If there is any question as to your ID, you go to jail for whatever infraction you were stopped for.

I've seen it done a couple of times and every time the individual had major warrants out of state. If you're an American, you've had an ID at some point in your life and you WILL be found. If not, AFIS and LiveScan is your friend.

16. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

The guys with no ID seem to generally be short of IQ also...

Randy

17. Some think we are just going to say "ok" and let them go.

18. SCSU74

SCSU74 St. Cloud Proud

Shiiiit, down here people that have id's are the exception. Not many illegals make the effort to go in and get id's :)

19. SCSU74

SCSU74 St. Cloud Proud

Really? I'd be at jail all night if we did that. Usually if the name they give matches the reg and no warrants come back we just kick em loose.

20. I'd be doing the same thing!

What I meant was we go off of the totality of the circumstances. If they are giving us DOBs that don't match up or SSN's that can't be found or don't match to the name and DOB then they go to the county.

I've only seen it done a couple of times and they all had out of state warrants.

A coworker was searching a lady's purse from a DUI arrest one night and found a citation from an agency in another county in another name. Turns up this lady used her former roommates SSN because she was DUS. I'm sure people pull it off a lot more than I think. It is a lot harder with MDTs now because I can see your picture and before we didn't have them.