close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How Many of You REALLY Think Romney Will Win??

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Nalapombu, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Providence

Providence

Feb 5, 2011
    Woodstock, GA
    I am convinced that election will come down to which side votes - with side actually goes to the polls. I think the democrats know this too. That's why we keep hearing that the election is over and Romney has no chance. If we give up and don't vote, they win. We've got to toughen up and vote.

I've been watching and listening to Romney. He is growing on me. He has character. I only have hope that his policies will help. He was a successful businessman, and maybe that will help with solving our problems - we may be past the point of no return, but I can hope.

But 4 more years of Obama will be a disaster. And I am convinced that our only hope of defeating him is to get out and vote. If we vote, we win.

2. Woofie

Woofie Disirregardless CLM

Apr 10, 2007
    Here
    Sometimes when I read your posts I start to think I have an alter ego I don't know about who posts on GlockTalk.

3. SIG-SOG

SIG-SOG

Dec 23, 2009
    DFW
    Regardless of what you think about Romney, how in the world can you possibly think Obama can get the job done when he has failed so miserably so far? Don't think of it so much as voting for Romney, but as "voting against Obama" And don't forget Biden, its Obama and Biden.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2012
  4. Woofie

Apr 10, 2007
    Here
    The Democrats are much, much more talented when it comes to exciting their base to go vote. Gore, Kerry, and Obama would have all been slam dunks if the Republicans could get their act together and appeal to their base rather than try to stay a little to the right of the Dems.

5. SIG-SOG

SIG-SOG

Dec 23, 2009
    DFW
    And if you don't think the polls are rigged in favor of Obama, I've got some beach front property in Arizona to sell you. Do a little research.

6. *ASH*

*ASH*

Jan 12, 2008
    barbed
    this....

7. NDCent

NDCent Socially Inept

Mar 19, 2010
    Ozarks
    Romney lost to McCain. :upeyes:

8. SixDemonBag

SixDemonBag

Sep 13, 2005
    Yep, we're gonna eat a crap sandwich in the end no matter which chef makes it.

9. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon "Cracker"

Feb 18, 2009
    The left voted against Bush instead of for Kerry.

10. 427

Nov 23, 2009
    KUMSC
    Anything can happen between now and election day.

11. Woofie

Apr 10, 2007
    Here
    I've voting for Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho in 2016.

12. Kalmah

Kalmah Supreme Member

Feb 22, 2006
    Colorado
    Obama's only appeal is his charisma. What he stands for, what he has done, what he has failed to do during his term is all irrelevant. He looks good on Letterman, he looks good on The View, and that's all that's important to our MTV/Dancing with the Stars/American Idol society.

It's enough to get him re-elected, and I think it will happen.

13. frank4570

frank4570

Jun 25, 2004
    There are a crapload of people in this country. There are a crapload of republicans in this country. With ALL those republicans, why the hell can't they come up with 1 guy who makes a good candidate?

With Obamas economy, this should be a cakewalk.

14. tantrix

tantrix J'aimeLouisiane

Dec 27, 2003
    Louisiana, CSA
    Yep...this is exactly right. Romney is who the GOP (voters) put up to combat Obama. He lost to McCain the first time around, but now he's good enough to beat Obama??

You guys better gear up, Obama is just getting started...he's got 4 more years to go.

15. SIG-SOG

SIG-SOG

Dec 23, 2009
    DFW
    And what is Obama going to do in the next 4 years that you would vote for him? Forget about Romney for a moment, why Obama? What has he done so far that you favor? Please educate me. I'm open to see the light. Why Obama?

16. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

May 1, 2008
    I think it will be close, but I think he will win. The question is whether it will be acknowledged. I expect a fiasco that makes 'hanging chads' look like a walk in the park.

17. Atlas

Atlas transmogrifier

Oct 1, 2001
    north of the equator
    I think we are seeing confirmation that "in the end, people get the government they deserve".

Sad, very sad, but true.

18. jtmac

jtmac Señor Member

Feb 2, 2005
    State of Denial
    I really don't know which way it will go. I think it's going to be pretty darned close in the popular vote, but I can see some swing states going to Obama and make it fairly decisive in electoral votes.

And as much as I fear a second-term Obama, the GOP has picked a candidate that scares me almost as much. I do think that he is likely to do (or not do) some things short term that will be economically sensible, but long-term... well, he really is like a caricature of what Democrats think rich republicans are, and that isn't going to be good long term.

If Romney loses, there's a chance that the Republican party could have a fallout... and whatever the end result, it would have to be better than what they have now.

19. tantrix

tantrix J'aimeLouisiane

Dec 27, 2003
    Louisiana, CSA
    Obama hasn't (and isn't) going to do anything I favor, and I'm not going to vote for him. I'm also not voting for Romney either. It's 2 sides of the same coin. What we should have done was throw the whole damn coin away and vote someone in that didn't agree with either one of them. The primaries proved that the American voters are fine with the same old thing, and they're going to get it.

20. Who even likes Romney? He comes across as a guy who tells a certain audience what they want to hear at the time he's talking to them, but wait. All politicians do this and you would think that the people could figure it out by now. I've been listening to the lies now for decades from all of the parties.

Quite frankly, the Repubs. don't deserve to win it because they always take their base for granted. I'm not voting, as I'm overseas anyway.

When Obama wins, he's really gonna show you who he is and what he is. Executive orders are going to fly from that desk covering everything you thought to be untouchable, gun rights included.

I just finished watching that Obama 2016 movie last night and it just confirms that the guy was heavily influenced by communists who hate the USA. Like it was ever a surprise to those who have watched the stufff he's done over the last three years.

Also, people are loosing the game of life and see him as the man to give up free stuff that others will have to pay for, ala redistribution of wealth. The number of have nots is increasing every single day.