close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How Many of You REALLY Think Romney Will Win??

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Nalapombu, Sep 28, 2012.

1. taters

taters

Sad to say but America has been taken down from within.
    16trillion in debt
    8 1/2 % unemployment
    In a war we can't win
    And Obama is leading in the polls. That should tell you right there we are done as a nation. Even if Romney wins. There is no hope. I've dropped out.

2. KalashniKEV

KalashniKEV

That was a joke ticket.

Mitt's ticket is stronger, but sadly it's still going to be a shutout.

3. Restless28

Restless28

Agreed.

4. Glockworks

Glockworks Ready/Aim/Fire Silver Member

In response to KalashniKEV; I of course meant it from my perspective. If you think I meant it literally, then relax, and take a chill pill.....

McCain ran a weak limp campaign, he muzzled the one good thing he had, Sarah. He lost to a barely qualified candidate whose only qualification was that he was considered black by the US population and can read a teleprompter like 75% of the population. Thus he is a great orator (?), and so smart, though his grades have NEVER been released (hmmm?).

I also remember the 72 and 80 Prez campaigns and they were unexpected landslides, I think this one will be too.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  5. Trew2Life

Trew2Life #intheflesh

Stronger how? Romney/Ryan does not have nearly the support and energy of the base as did McCain/Palin.

6. Hawaiiglock

Hawaiiglock 58008

Here's my arm chair QB on the issue:

I think that Palin scared a lot of people away from the Republican ticket in the last election (I agreed with her on some issues). Not because she is a woman but because she comes off as a few bricks short of a full load. If you go take a look at some of her speeches/interviews you'll see what I mean.

If the Republican's were smart they would have used the Democrats strategy of endorsing Obama (young hip guy, some new blood in Washington) and put Paul Ryan as the front runner. No offense to Mitt but I think, for various reasons, that he lacks the support of younger Republicans and people who are on the fence.

Another issue that seems to be hurting the Republican party is the inability to adapt to some of the major issues that sway voters in the 21st century. Anti abortion/gay rights, heavy religious stance, etc... are all issues that scare potential party backers away.

7. JuneyBooney

JuneyBooney

If they allow dead people to vote Romney will lose. Otherwise, Romney wins.

8. devildog2067

devildog2067

Sarah Palin almost made me vote for Obama in 2008. How anyone could think she was a "good" thing is beyond me.

9. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

Irrelevant.

Romeny migh tnot be reagan, but zero has carter by a longshot.

10. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

Then a lot of other things are beyond you too.

She was my bet for President. She was better than her running mate.

Unless you're already a lieberal, how could you not want her? She had more executive experience than Obama, had approval ratings in the high 90's, honchoed a natural gas pipeline, cut back her state's debt, ran and acted like a fiscal conservative. Her creds were impeccable.

I have yet to hear anyone utter exactly what was so wrong with her. The only thing I ever heard was a bunch of catty tards who seemed to hate her cause she was beautiful.

The sound of her voice became a little grating after the newness wore off, but that's not a reason to dislike her. She's also turned out to be right about a lot of other things in the intervening period. She's sure got more smarts than Zero, though thats not saying much.

11. devildog2067

devildog2067

"All Americans" were "hard working patriotic people"?

Are you insane?

"All Americans" have never been anything.

Post WWII America was many things. Many of them were great. Some were not so good.

12. devildog2067

devildog2067

If Ryan were running for president, I would not vote for him. I cannot support someone who is that much of a religious zealot that publicly.

The Republicans need to remember what freedom means, and run a candidate who believes in small government, cutting spending, lowering taxes and otherwise leaving people the hell alone.

13. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

We know, you're a DU troll.

No, they don't. Just you being intellectually dishonest in throwing out a red herring.

There's nothing restrictive about showing ID when voting, unless you just want the chance to help out those committing voter fraud, like your commie friends in Chicago, Phil and Balto where its particularly bad, dead people voting, etc.

You have to show your ID when you're

-pulled over by the cops,
    -boarding an airplane
    -opening a bank account
    -buying liquor, etc

So, spare us the bull about "restrictive" ID laws. It just means you can't cheat. You're not fooling anyone.

14. devildog2067

devildog2067

If you say so.

Hmm... long-serving legislator who was also a genuine war hero with a reputation for telling the truth, or small-town mayor turned Governor of a state with a smaller population than Columbus, Ohio?

15. M&P Shooter

M&P Shooter Metal Member

Obamanation will win and it really doesn't matter because the 2 choices both suck and hate your guns:crying:

16. devildog2067

devildog2067

I did quite a bit of research about this, because I sincerely hoped there was a reason for this decision.

The legal test (and I'm not a lawyer/expert, so anyone who knows better than I feel free to correct me) has two parts: a) does the law solve a real problem and b) does the law apply unequally to different groups. From what I could tell, voter ID laws fail both parts. A number of studies (done by groups sponsored by both parties) seem to have shown that voter fraud is a statistically insignificant problem, and poor/elderly/young people are less likely to have government ID than other people.

If I understand correctly, if voter fraud was a serious enough problem, the compelling interest of a) could override b), but no one has yet to prove that a) is a serious (statistically speaking) problem. There have only been a handful of cases of voter fraud prosecuted across the country since 2000.

17. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

And a RINO, as opposed to Palin being a conservative. The author of McCain Feingold. Too anti gun.

A guy who made a rep as a fighter and tough guy, who then wouldn't take a swing when it counted.

An idiot who suspended his campaign to go back to DC to sit there in front of the cameras looking clueless.

No thanks.

18. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

What a load of horses#$&.

Voter fraud in Chicago and TX may have thrown the race to Kennedy. It can change an election. So, no there is nothing insignificant about it. It IS a compelling interest. Your cite of "both parties" is without attribution, so I'll count it as nonsense.

Elections should be free and fair. Its not fair if its rife with cheating.

It does not apply unequally. EVERYONE SHOWS ID. Period. No exceptions. Not buying the nonsense about ID's being "unaffordable" either. How in hell can you go thru society and not be able to prove who you are?

Again, you're not

opening a bank account,
    driving a car
    boarding an airplane
    buying a gun
    Getting a job!

Without some form of ID.

Its a specious argument and a red herring. A ruse to help those committing voter fraud. Don't piss on my leg and tell me its raining.

19. Trew2Life

Trew2Life #intheflesh

Upon becoming mayor of Wasilla, she immediately asked the librarian how they could get rid of the 'objectionable' books. 'Objectionable' by whose standards? Sarah Palin's? I do recall there were some book burnings in Nazi Germany.

Palin opposes a woman's right to choose what to do with her own body, opposing the right to an abortion even for rape victims.

Palin believes that Creationism should be taught in public schools, which runs both counter to well-settled evolutionary science, and to the Constitutional separation of church and state.

20. devildog2067

devildog2067

Well, don't blame me for it. I'm not a Supreme Court justice.

OK. Why hasn't anyone proven it then?

I'm not a social scientist, I have no idea how one would go about measuring this. I imagine it can be done, or at least estimated.

Like I said, I'm not a lawyer and I'm not an expert. I was curious about the reasoning behind the ruling and this is what I read. The data seems to indicate that in-person voter fraud is quite rare. Much more fraud happens with absentee ballots, and voter ID laws wouldn't fix that problem.