close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How many of you have a DEDICATED vehicle weapon?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by TedG, Dec 31, 2011.

1. nraman

nraman

Dec 9, 2002
    I am interested in your setup. I'd like to do the same.
    I also keep a gun in the car, I cannot allow the criminals or the liberals to determine how I live. If it gets stolen, the fault lies with the criminal, he did something wrong, not I.

2. MinnesnowtaWild

MinnesnowtaWild

Dec 26, 2011
    Being in Minnesota where it usually is below zero in the thick of winter and then 90-100+ degrees in summer, I don't like leaving any firearms in my car. I just take off my carry gun when I get in my car and set it in the glovebox.

3. nraman

nraman

Dec 9, 2002
    Very well put, some here think they are freaking experts that know your needs better than you do.
    One of them even attacked the OP for using a G34. I can explain that easily.
    He uses a G34 BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT HE PREFERS.

4. JTSmith

JTSmith Œgfdrïńëçł

Mar 22, 2008
    Albany, GA
    You already allow criminals to determine how you live. Do you lock the doors on your house? Do you carry a weapon?

And I couldn't be farther from being liberal, but I am against blatant disregard for the securing of weapons as well as the mentality that insurance will take care of everything.

What a weak argument. We live in a society that has criminals. Having to deal with keys, passwords, safes, or whatever is a total PITA. But it doesn't mean you can neglect your responsibility to do as much as possible to prevent theft.

5. gsp174

gsp174

Aug 31, 2010
    east coast
    As gun owners we have a responsibility to the public to secure our guns.
    For me keeping the gun like the OP said in a void in locked vehicle is possibly better that a cable locked gun case that I use from time to time. Glove box or center console is just asking to get taken.
    Please don’t give the “I live in a safe bucolic neighborhood” excuse. There are people who travel specifically to your neighborhood just for the crap left in your cars. There is also the junkie kid that lives down the block and is hooked on pills and has to come up with $60 for his next oxi and the loose change in your car gets him half way there. And look a gun comes with it.
    Just make it as hard as possible for some scum to get that from you. Is that unreasonable?

6. nraman

nraman

Dec 9, 2002
    Stay, you should not leave just because some rude disagrees with you.
    They judge without knowing details such as location of the car that make all the difference in the world. On top of that they don't want to waste their time considering the other persons needs and whether these needs can be met with a locked gun.

7. nraman

nraman

Dec 9, 2002
    Thank you, I am looking for an under the seat type of holster that is invisible and that will hold the gun in case of an accident. No extra security needed where I normally park it.

8. TedG

TedG Infidel USA

Well, this thread has certainly become controversial. I feel like I have to make some observations.

Obviously, some people have failed to completely read my original post, or they have failed to understand it. Some idiots, like those that call other posters "scum bags", make the whole subject fit what they personally want to read. I don't give them any credit for any expertise or logic. They just want to make personal attacks on anyone that doesn't fall in to line with their point of view. They are trolls.

I stated that the pistol pack is "well hidden" and would not be found by the crackheads that hang out where the idiots park. If my entire vehicle was stolen and stripped for parts, yes they would find the gun. Not drug addicts or joy riders... actual professional car thieves that probably already have access to guns.

I also said that it doesn't replace my EDC. The hidden pistol is for when I have a much more probable case of meeting with a problem. At that point, I don't want some rusted-out RG just because it's not fondled every day. I want something I can depend on. My choice is a G34.

Some of these arrogant posters are bordering on becoming members of Brady's bunch and will probably be the first in line to give up their guns if a ban was legislated. As long as I have a choice, my decision process, and my conscience is my responsibility.

[​IMG]

9. nraman

nraman

Dec 9, 2002
    Since nobody here advocates leaving the gun on the car exterior with a neon sign pointing to it, it is obvious that we all want our guns secure and at the same time accessible.
    If some of the experts here who think they are qualified to judge each persons needs because they know what is best for all of us, toned their rhetoric down a bit, we might be able to have a reasonable discussion. As it is, I think we need to return to the original question of whether we have dedicated car guns, which can mean anything from a gun that is in the car 24/7/365, or a gun dedicated to be in the car when I travel far, or whatever it might mean for the individual.
    A gun is an investment, $600-$800 in the car is not something anybody wants to lose, not to mention the personal attachment we put on personal items.
    Discounting mistakes, nobody would leave that investment in a car all/part/some of the time unless he felt the need to do so. People on this thread have been attacking and calling names people they don't even know without knowing what the need is or the circumstances surrounding that need.
    I used to have a combination locked box which I no longer use because the need and the circumstances changed and I don't care to be judged by some loud mouth that knows nothing about MY particular needs.
    OTOH this short of behavior happens on the Net mostly because the participants know they don't have to face the other party, or because they need to vent for some reason.
    GT for the most part is a great place to exchange ideas, opinions and information because the gun crowd tends to be a better group of people than most.
    OT I have a problem leaving a gun in the car in the summer for a long period with the ammo cooking in the hot car. I don't have a solution for that yet, opinions welcome.

10. herrbrahms

herrbrahms

Mar 5, 2011
    As a Seattleite, I can say that I carry in a much more serious fashion whenever I visit Tacoma. Parts of that town are East-coast skeezy, and with no offense intended, I don't understand why anyone would choose to live there.

I hope the thieves don't come back, but if they do, it sure would be nice if your buddy sent them all straight to Hell.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  11. OctoberRust

OctoberRust Anti-Federalist

Jun 15, 2011
    Texas
    just as silly as the closet liberals here are comparing a weapon to a multi-ton GPS guided bomb.

12. jakebk

jakebk

Apr 12, 2012
    You never know when you might need it... I don't leave home without it.

13. CVO

CVO

Dec 23, 2009
    Florida
    I drive a Sprinter van everyday, so I have a Uncle Mike's briefcase vertical beside my seat. It has a velcro compartment on the outside, easy access so I keep a G22 with mags by my side.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  14. 257 roberts

257 roberts

Mar 18, 2012
    I keep a gun in my side panel(just reach down and its there!)but the gun varies(never leave it overnight)useally a S&W M&P 40 or a G23

15. FAS1

FAS1

Dec 4, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    No dedicated truck gun, but I keep it here when on long drives or I can't take it somewhere.

[​IMG]