close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

How many loaded AK mags you keep handy

Discussion in 'The Kalashnikov Klub' started by Dalton Wayne, Nov 10, 2012.

1. none, ive only got 3 mags for the ak74 want to get 3 more. I dont have any reason to keep any loaded. Hopefully if WWIII happens it will give me 5 minutes to load a couple mags lol...Other than that no real reason to keep any loaded.

nothing wrong with keeping them loaded if i was in a rural area they would be loaded but where i live i dont really consider it a primary HD weapon thats the 870 /.357 magnum/or 9mm

Last edited: Nov 12, 2012

2. AK74play

AK74play

Jun 26, 2010
    Indiana
    Well I can see only 25 from where I'm setting right now, but the tub over in the corner has another 50 plus 4 in my bedroom, then 3 loaded 75 round drums and 2 100 round drums. I would have to check my inventory sheet to see how many cases are in there for reloading purposes. I just got in another 1000 round case of 124gr hollow points the other day but havn't added them to the list yet.
    Although this might sound a bit excessive to some, I look at it like this. If S does HTF then I am ready. If not, it's gonna be a very long time befor I ever have to reload. :supergrin:

Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  3. MeanAction

MeanAction MeanAction

Feb 27, 2012
    Murfreesboro, TN
    With all this talk about fiscal cliffs I say keep 'em all loaded cause if SHTF then the last thing you want to worry about is loading mags. I only have enough ammo and weapons that I can carry on my person. 2 Glocks, 1 pistol grip shotgun in a scarabe on my backpack, and 1 AK. With 10 mag chest rig.

4. megawatt

megawatt Electron maker

Feb 2, 2011
    Las Vegas
    I do not have only one type of ammo. Maybe one day I want to shoot brass cased Yugo ammo because of the range rules that I am going to shoot at. Big pain to unload the WOLF ammo just to reload it with Yugo. Just one instance where I would not want all my mags loaded.

What about malfunction drills? Best to do it with empty mags, don't you think?

Some of my mags are empty, some are full but never a one situation applies for every magazine as you suggest above.

5. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    Not that many. I got rid of my drum, because the wind up was annoying when I can take two steel 40 rounders and just couple them together. I have about 2k round though.

6. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    I understand the hurricane aspect. The last time we had one, the power was out for about two weeks. It was cool outside so in the evenings I kept my windows open and my Norinco AK at the ready.

7. RWBlue

RWBlue Mr. CISSP, CISA CLM

Jan 24, 2004
    I think I see the mistake in your thinking process. :supergrin:

Buy more mags. I have enough that I don't shoot through all of them in one range session. Some loaded with Wolf JHP, Wolf FMJ, Wolf JSP, Yugo corrosive, and brass JSP. And then I have a few for hand loads.

When my AK has a malfunction, I will add it to the shooting regiment. :wavey:

8. ca survivor

ca survivor

Dec 25, 2011
    Florida
    1 for the AK, 1 for the AR both in the rifle with a red electrical tape around the mag, that denotes to me, mag is loaded.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  9. megawatt

megawatt Electron maker

Feb 2, 2011
    Las Vegas
    I like your thinking. :rofl: I am doing that when I run across a good deal.
    I did get six of the Hungarian tanker mags recently. :thumbsup: