close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How many Glocks can fit into a 42lb box?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by stolenphot0, Aug 16, 2012.

1. stolenphot0

stolenphot0 RTF2 Addict

I heard through a local FedEx guy last week that one of the local PD just received 45 boxes of Glocks. Each box weighed 41.8lbs. I heard a rumor last April that the local PD was going to .45 caliber Glocks for more firepower (assuming the 21) and looks like they will be phasing them in soon. I don't know departmental procedures, but I am assuming the armorer has to look them over then the officers have to qualify with the weapon before its on duty?

The other part of the rumor back then, which I don't believe was they are supposed to be selling their old 22s for $75 each. :wow: Again I don't think that is going to be the price, I am sure they would sell them for at least $275 if not $375.

If they are sold at $75 each, I am in for 4. :whistling:

2. Bruce M

Bruce M

What size is the local department? My first guess is that the used pistols would go back to the distributor for resale as part of a purchase price agreement.

My guess would be ten or twelve per box.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012

3. stolenphot0

stolenphot0 RTF2 Addict

When I first heard about it, I figured the pistols would go back too. This info came to me second hand from my neighbor that works with an officer.

Currently they have over 400 sworn officers.

4. Bruce M

Bruce M

That would be 450 or 540 guns if its ten or twelve per box. But I'm sure you figured that too:supergrin:

My guess (and this is just a guess) is that if an agency orders Glocks that they may be sent directly from Glock even if a distributor is involved. I have no idea though whether all Glocks sold to agencies have a distributor involved or not.

5. lyodbraun

lyodbraun

If they do sell them the officers have first dibs on buying their service weapons from the Dept... only then would they offer them up for sale and then the guns would prob go back to Glock to be refurbished and then go out for sale to the public...

6. stolenphot0

stolenphot0 RTF2 Addict

Yeah I knew the officers would have first dibs from seeing other posts around here before. My only hope for a direct purchase was seeing a few threads on here where a sheriff department sold them outright. I know its probably not very likely to happen, especially with the way the city is ran, they scrounge for every penny they can get/keep.

7. lyodbraun

lyodbraun

Yeah LOL it is Ohio, and we both know how they want all the money they can get LOL,

8. JBP55

JBP55

Many are taken as trades and resold by the Glock dealer without Glock ever seeing the pistols.

9. youngdocglock

youngdocglock

Here in maine they are sold to cableas for like $275 ea. The. Resold for about $400-$450 in as is condition. Tis where i get kost of mine.

10. stolenphot0

stolenphot0 RTF2 Addict

I think Gander Mountain gets them like that too. I was in there one day looking at used and they wanted $450-500 on used Gen2 & Gen3 22s. I just pointed and laughed.

11. bac1023

bac1023

That's cool :cool:

I much prefer 45ACP over 40S&W. I'm just not a 40S&W fan.

12. JBP55

JBP55

A dealer will allow approximately $250 for a Gen. 3 in good condition with night sights and 3 magazines.

13. youngdocglock

youngdocglock

I paid $450 including tax for my g3 22. However it came with a TLR-2 so i felt good about it haha.