close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

How many Combat Arms here?

Discussion in 'The US Air Force Forum' started by Redhat, Jan 14, 2007.

1. Redhat

Redhat

Oct 9, 2005
    Enough with the Cop stuff, how many CATM are in the house?

2. meeko

meeko

Apr 15, 2006
    I am intermitently assigned to my CATM section. I was suppose to attend CATM school back in 99 but when I resigned my AGR position for a federal LE job "politics" removed me from it. I was staying in the unit in a traditonal capacity but thats the way it goes. I went through the federal LE academy firearms instructors couse for my agency and bring a different way to my SFS squadron. Don't know if that counts for you or not

3. Redhat

Redhat

Oct 9, 2005
    Is this it??? Don't CATM guys like guns anymore???

4. Instructor25

Instructor25

Jun 26, 2005
    San Benito
    not with the forced retrains that I have seen come through lately!!!!!

They're not all that bad

5. meeko

meeko

Apr 15, 2006
    Sad to say but I think the number of gun guys are down. I remember 20 years ago CATM was "the field" to work in. Teach in the AM and shoot your weapon in the PM. There were alot of private trigger jobs done on the clock in those days!

6. Redhat

Redhat

Oct 9, 2005
    Well I'm an "old timer", so maybe we can get some of the "new breed" up to speed!!!

7. Instructor25

Instructor25

Jun 26, 2005
    San Benito
    I know a few instructors who dont like guns but they're CATM:shakehead:

8. Instructor25

Instructor25

Jun 26, 2005
    San Benito
    Well I'm an "old timer", so maybe we can get some of the "new breed" up to speed!!!

Thats what I have been trying to instill out here at the schoolhouse

9. Redhat

Redhat

Oct 9, 2005
    Sounds good,

Where you do your shooting?

10. Instructor25

Instructor25

Jun 26, 2005
    San Benito
    usually at medina range before the students come out or I'll request a range for the weekend.

11. meeko

meeko

Apr 15, 2006
    Do you do the BMT students as well? My son in law just started BMT I believe WED (he left MON) depending on starttime etc. fourtunatly he listened to me and my daughter and is not going to be a cop!!

12. Instructor25

Instructor25

Jun 26, 2005
    San Benito
    I used to do the BMT errrs But not anymore. Your son-in-law should have been issued a bluegun already. The bluegun is a blue functioning M-16 with every part except the hammer. We dont need any Full metal jacket episodes at Lackland. He should qualify on his 4th week though. Ah good job on the cop part. I just hope he's not open general, because he will then have no choice but to become a cop!!

13. meeko

meeko

Apr 15, 2006
    Actually I warned him on that too. He is going into avionics

14. MrMurphy

MrMurphy ********* Moderator Moderator Millennium Member Lifetime Member

Jan 16, 2001
    Buried in the X-files
    Avionics friend over my shoulder is now sobbing. :)

If he as a Green Fatigue guy (retired CATM) with glasses and a beard teaching him shooting... he's my old boss at my gunshop. He went back to CATM a week before I left for basic, and I ran into him during Warrior Week and then during Area 2 for SF tech school.

15. Instructor25

Instructor25

Jun 26, 2005
    San Benito
    hey murf who's your old boss its not wes,russ bicknell cause I used to work with those guys????

16. MrMurphy

MrMurphy ********* Moderator Moderator Millennium Member Lifetime Member

Jan 16, 2001
    Buried in the X-files
    Name is Greg, drives a goldish colored Nissan Titan with a matching colored shell.

Can't remember last name (even when I worked with/under him he was just Greg). Fellowes? Sounds right.

17. meeko

meeko

Apr 15, 2006
    He asked me which field didn't deploy as much. We (my daughter and me) tried to get him to go into space and missle maint. I remember them from my Malmstrom days they had a good gig and were in MT, ND or WY. They don't deploy overseas and I would like somewhere to stay with good hunting. The downside there isn't really a big demand for them on the civilian side unless you work for one of the contractors at Vandenberg AFB etc. So he did something decent in my mind. He wont be a knucle draging cop like me, one step above doing the Geico commercials.

18. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

Feb 13, 2001
    North-Central USA
    Retired CATM here, reporting for non-duty! ;) :supergrin:

Actually, it was SAMTU when I started (Small Arms Marksmanship Training Unit)

19. Redhat

Redhat

Oct 9, 2005
    Good to have ya! Retirees are especially welcome aboard!!!

MIght help regain some lost knowledge!