Glock Talk banner

How many carry guns do you have in rotation?

14K views 123 replies 101 participants last post by  SCmasterblaster 
#1 ·
I have my woods gun (G20), in-town gun (G19), deep-cover or business suit gun (PPK), and a Colt 1911 for when I want to find out how large/heavy a pistol I can pack.

What about you?

#103 · (Edited)
I have five pistols on my permit, but only carry two of them: my G30SF and my Taurus 85UL. I have two other Glocks (23 and 19) and an EAA Windicator also on my permit. Next time I go to Front Sight NV I plan on shooting a G21 and will CC it there and see how I like it - I am considering putting it on my permit in lieu of the Windicator.

I am also considering buying a G36 to carry in lieu of my Taurus - but five Glocks - three of them .45ACP might be a bit silly... If I can get them to list my G23 as 40/9 caliber (swapping slides) then I could drop my G19 from the list and that would free up a slot and I could keep the Taurus on the permit.

#105 ·
I have five pistols on my permit, but only carry two of them: my G30SF and my Taurus 85UL. I have two other Glocks (23 and 19) and an EAA Windicator also on my permit. Next time I go to Front Sight NV I plan on shooting a G21 and will CC it there and see how I like it - I am considering putting it on my permit in lieu of the Windicator.

I am also considering buying a G36 to carry in lieu of my Taurus - but five Glocks - three of them .45ACP might be a bit silly... If I can get them to list my G23 as 40/9 caliber (swapping slides) then I could drop my G19 from the list and that would free up a slot and I could keep the Taurus on the permit.
Lone Wolf makes a .40-9mm conversion barrel for a 22 and 23. I have it for my 22 and it works great. Puts the chamber slightly off center to work with the .40 extractor. Also a G21 is a MASSIVE gun to cc lol. Def an awesome gun though.

#106 ·
I have 6 that I carry for different occasions. I mostly carry the G-36 But weather, dress requirements, and social situations dictate just what how and where.

.G-23 .40
.G-21 .45
.G-36 .45
.Ruger SP101 .38/.357mag
.S&W 24-3 .44spl
.KelTec P-32 .32auto

#109 ·
I am adding my Springfield Armory M1911A1 .45 ACP pistol to my G17 for the VT winter. I don't trust my G17's 115gr JHP +p+ bullets to be effective through the layers of winter clothing. My .45 255gr SWCs will certainly make it through unscathed.

#113 ·
I am adding my Springfield Armory M1911A1 .45 ACP pistol to my G17 for the VT winter. I don't trust my G17's 115gr JHP +p+ bullets to be effective through the layers of winter clothing. My .45 255gr SWCs will certainly make it through unscathed.
If you do use the G17, try 124 +P Gold Dots. I was blasting away at phone books (dry, not wet) just for the fun of it, and was very impressed with the penetration of these rounds.

#115 ·
I may try some 9mm 124gr rounds in the +p+ offerings. :cool:
I did test the 127 +p+ SXTs too, which was my preferred round. I was surprised to see the 124 +p Gold Dots had slightly better penetration.

I still run the SXTs as I still have a decent supply of them.

Do they make the Gold Dot in a +p+? That would be interesting.

#118 ·
EDC .......G23

Sometimes carry...... G35, Taurus PT-845 or a Kel-Tek PF-9.

#123 ·
Gen4 G27 when it's warm out and a Springfield EMP .40 for cold weather months. Both appendix carried.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.