Glock Talk banner

How many carry guns do you have in rotation?

14K views 123 replies 101 participants last post by  SCmasterblaster 
#1 ·
I have my woods gun (G20), in-town gun (G19), deep-cover or business suit gun (PPK), and a Colt 1911 for when I want to find out how large/heavy a pistol I can pack.

What about you?

#78 ·
New to CCW, but haven't found a situation in three months where one of the two didn't fit the bill:

1. G23, IWB Comp-Tac Minotaur
or
2. P3AT, pocket carry in PocketHolster.com

#79 ·
Normally a P99 or P99c in AS 9mm. In shorts weather or something where I need to ankle carry, a 340PD.

Lately, I've been trying out a PPS in 9mm and I do like the thin profile but it is too heavy for what it is and I don't care for a Glock type trigger. Time will tell if I keep it.

On rare occasions, I'll carry something like a 1911 or another wheel gun.

#81 ·
I used to carry a 642 100% of the time, but I broke my wrist 30 years ago and it's beginning to haunt me. So I've begun carrying my Sig 238. Sure hope I don't have to go to a .22 someday.

#82 ·
"QUIET" ?!?:wow:

That name doesnt suit you with the S&W Hand Cannon in your pic.......I haven't googled it yet to see if its a horse caliber or a .22, it just looks mean!:dunno:
It's a .45ACP revolver.

Three of my five carry guns are in .45 caliber.

#83 ·
As others have posted, I stick to one caliber, and one platform for the sake of simplicity and consistency. I have a G17 for daily carry, and a G26 as my BUG. I usually carry my G17 in a Comp-Tac paddle holster with my G26 in a cross draw holster, or shoulder rig.The configuration is perfect for Northern Minnesota cold weather clothing hinderances.

#85 ·
G27, G26, Beretta Nano, S&W Bodyguard .38, Kahr CW9, Kahr CW45. Depends on the mood, dress and occasion.

#88 · (Edited)
Depends- no set rotation for me as I tend to carry one for a year or two then will switch it up for one reason or another. Been carrying a Gen 3 Glock 19 for the past year and will be in the foreseeable future. Carried a Gen 2 23 for years, as well as a Gen 3 26, Browning HP, Colt LW Commander and S&W Model 60.

#89 ·
I have several guns in my rotation:

S&W M&P 9 compact - Summer carry and whenever I'm dressed up. Also serves as my EDC at home or in the yard, etc.

SIG P226 or 229 for winter carry.

CZ P07 Duty also gets some carry time in the winter.

And just FWIW, all are carried OWB at the 4 o'clock position. It's easier for me and there's no confusion as to where my gun is.

#91 ·
It varies depending on my current inventory, but they are all point and shoot (no safety) with the exception of the squeeze cocking P7.

Regards,
Happyguy :)

#93 · (Edited)
1.....G22.
I don't get why anyone would use different guns. Different feels, different ammo, different methods of fire.... Your going to be screwed when go to flip a safety off & realize you don't have one or the reverse.
KISS
Thats why none of my carry guns have manual safeties lol. G23 normally (replaced my Sig p250 that I deemed a piece of ****), LCP in the pocket for when Im lazy, and K66 S&W .357 for when I wake up feeling extra badass!

#94 ·
Thats why none of my carry guns have manual safeties lol. G23 normally (replaced my Sig p250 that I deemed a piece of ****), LCP in the pocket for when Im lazy, and K66 S&W .357 for when I wake up feeling extra badass!
The only guns currently in my collection with a manual safety is an M9, P22's and 1911. Beyond the 1911 there is no need and they really shouldn't have them. I had an older 92FS Inox that I occasionally carried and one day I took it off to find that the safety had been engaged. That would have been a bad day had I needed it. Sold it soon after but eventually bought an M9 because I like the platform but I don't carry it.

#95 ·
I had an older 92FS Inox that I occasionally carried and one day I took it off to find that the safety had been engaged. That would have been a bad day had I needed it. Sold it soon after but eventually bought an M9 because I like the platform but I don't carry it.
That's why my Beretta are all "G" models (except my OD, but that's just a collectors piece).

#97 ·
The only guns currently in my collection with a manual safety is an M9, P22's and 1911. Beyond the 1911 there is no need and they really shouldn't have them. I had an older 92FS Inox that I occasionally carried and one day I took it off to find that the safety had been engaged. That would have been a bad day had I needed it. Sold it soon after but eventually bought an M9 because I like the platform but I don't carry it.
Yea I have a 1911 and a 92FS but I dont carry them either. I actually really like how the safety on the 92 rotates the whole firing pin out of the way of the hammer. Just a cool design IMO. Still wont ever carry anything with a manual safety tho.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.