Glock Talk banner

How many carry guns do you have in rotation?

14K views 123 replies 101 participants last post by  SCmasterblaster 
#1 ·
I have my woods gun (G20), in-town gun (G19), deep-cover or business suit gun (PPK), and a Colt 1911 for when I want to find out how large/heavy a pistol I can pack.

What about you?

#2 ·
Two. G27 for high round count (13), and a .357 Magnum for effect.

#4 ·
G39 in normal 'street' clothes, Gen-1 G17 when I'm feeling nostalgic, TCP when cycling in kit or summer 'quick run to the store, toss something in my pocket' carry.

I intend to get an LCR for winter cycling carry.

#5 ·
G26 daily carry. (Almost always.)

G19 occasionally.

Ruger LCP as a BUG or for 'special' occasions.

S&W 5906 when I'm working around the property. (It holds almost a half box of ammo. )
It could even be used to drive nails in a pinch. :supergrin:

NY did an 'almost' straight copy of the federal 'Assault Weapon' law. So there's a 10 round limit here.
My 5906 and all the hi-cap mags I have for it are 'grandfathered'.
(I've owned and carried it since 1986)

S&W 3913TSW sometimes while working outside just because I like it.

Rich

#6 ·
Great Question OP!

I carry my G26 almost all of the time on and off duty. Monday through Friday I carry an LCP as a BUG.

Sometimes if I'm working and the occasion calls for it I carry a G17 with the G26 as a BUG and the LCP as a deep cover BUG.

In cool/cold weather I will carry the G17/G26 combo in a duel shoulder rig. Sounds a little silly but its a very comfortable way to carry a lot of firepower.

I've carried many other gun and gun combos thoughout the years, I have to admit that these are my all time favorite. Maybe not the sexiest but the most comfortble and comforting.

HR:cool:

#8 ·
Two. CZ Shadow for daytime use, CZ Phantom for nighttime and running use.

These two guns are of the same size, use the same holsters, mags and ammo, but vary considerably in weight of gun + trigger and sights.

YMMV.

#9 ·
I carry a Glock G26. That is it. If for some reason it should break I have another G26.

#10 · (Edited)
P239 in .357SIG - primary carry
LW Springfield Gunsite Service Pistol - new to me - soon will be preferred over P239
Glock 23 - when going where a single stack just doesn't feel right
S&W 442 - BUG or sometimes primary weapon in Texas summer heat
S&W 329PD - woods/fishing gun in North America, defense gun in many situations
Heritage Rough Rider .22 LR - trail gun
old style Springfield Champion in stainless steel - BBQ beauty in full elephant rig
HK USP.45CT - suppressed BBQ beauty - fulltime nightstand weapon

#11 ·
Kahr K9 for the majority (iwb)

Glock 23 sometimes (iwb)

2" sp101 occasionally (oc)

Sig 220 occasionally (oc)

Springfield custom 1911 occasionally (oc)

1973 2nd gen colt saa 4 3/4" .357 rarely (oc)

Just depends on my mood/outfit/destination.

#12 ·
USP Monday through Friday and a G26 on weekends. I anticipate adding the Shield and perhaps someday a Rohrbaugh.

#16 ·
I try to rotate all 5 of my guns although the 92fs inox is restricted to winter carry owb when I can cover it with a sweatshirt or jacket

#17 ·
the powers that be restrict its citizens to a maximun of three round these parts... therefore, one 9mm, one .40, & one .45acp...

#18 ·
Gen4 g19. I sold my other pistols because I wanted to direct my focus to one platform/caliber. I realized I enjoyed shooting more than owning a bunch of pistols. I will eventually acquire another Gen4 g19 as a spare.

#21 ·
A G26 or a G19 IWB depending on what I am wearing. In the Winter, a G34 is in the mix too.
A Kahr CW9 cut down for a 6rd mag in my pocket.
I will often have a spare mag in my left pocket.

#23 · (Edited)
1! A Para-Ordnance P-14, double stack 1911 .45

I carry the same one everyday same fit, feel and function. During the summer here in Colorado I OC, when it gets cooler I put a jacket over the same rig. If I really want to conceal I have a Galco Sky-Op tuckable IWB and a Galco Jackass shoulder holster..

I have a number of other handguns I could carry but I believe in 1 gun that you never have to think about grip, point shooting, function or safety.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.