close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

How many carry at work even if against policy?

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by Gaston Glock, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Gaston Glock

Gaston Glock

Jan 3, 2013
    I live in the great state of Texas. I CC but at my work it is against policy and with Texas being a no-fault state I can be fired for any and all reasons. I'll admit I have but am always worried I will "literally" bump into the wrong person and be outed. How many of you guys carry while disregarding employment policy?

2. Keoking

Keoking

Jan 4, 2005
    Rowlett, TX
    Not an option at my company. There are 30.06 signs are every entrance to the campus.

3. PettyOfficer

PettyOfficer

Nov 24, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Likewise... That and I work for a defense contractor and I am randomly asked to go on Gvt property quite regularly, can't even leave my gun in the car: no guns on Gvt property.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

4. PettyOfficer

PettyOfficer

Nov 24, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Likewise... That and I work for a defense contractor and I am quite regularly and randomly asked to go on Gvt. I can't even leave my gun in the car: no guns on Gvt property.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

5. Badger54

Badger54 CLM

Dec 16, 2007
    Seattle, WA
    I'm not legally allowed to have a gun on the property where I work.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

6. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

A lot of the guys where I work carry, including the managers and the general manager, even though it's in the employee handbook that it isn't allowed.

Smartcarry is my friend.

Regards,
    Comrade Happyguy :)

7. Gaston Glock

Gaston Glock

Jan 3, 2013
    If not for the 30.06 sign, but against policy......would you?

8. It would be a federal offence where I work, but we have many armed guards and very restricted access controls.

Otherwise, I carry where legal and do not frequent gun free zones (killing fields).

9. J.ThaddeusToad

J.ThaddeusToad Checkmate

Jan 1, 2013
    Kingwood, TX
    I've been thinking about it, seeing as how the unarmed guards in the lobby of my building don't exactly instill a feeling of "security", especially when I see them sleeping at 5 in the am when I'm leaving.

It is against policy, but no 30.06. The only thing stopping me from trying it out is I need the proper gear to fit the dress code.

10. rednoved

rednoved NRA Member

Jul 8, 2012
    Texas
    Not against policy for my current employer. Didn't have a CHL at my former employer, but I imagine they had a policy against it.

I'm always amazed by how many people will not carry where they work due to policy, but have no problem carrying at a business that puts up no firearms signs. They will respect the rights and policies of their employers, but claim the business they want to frequent would be denying them their constitutional rights to protect themselves.

Not saying any people in this thread are that way, but I know many on this forum are. Hypocrites.

11. Dalton Wayne

Dalton Wayne Epic mustache Millennium Member

Apr 5, 1999
    Central Florida
    I carry a work with the bosses permission Just 2 days ago we had an armed robbery

Sent from my N860 using Tapatalk 2

12. Pepiot

Pepiot

Feb 18, 2007
    The Shop
    :rofl:company policy is company policy, I would never break it

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  13. Gaston Glock

Gaston Glock

Jan 3, 2013
    This.....is my thought

14. Because those business' they frequent aren't paying their paychecks, or providing their medical insurance.

15. Chainlink

Chainlink

Oct 25, 2009
    Florida
    I carry both jobs one I'm allowed other I am not..... Guess which job I like more :D

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

16. mrt949

mrt949

Sep 26, 2009
    We All Carry .The Company Pays For Our CCW .

17. Back in my courier days I carried everywhere and into places that had a no weapons policy in force. Currently for me it is against state and employer laws to carry where I work so not at this time under any circumstances.

Gray_Rider

18. catalyst686

catalyst686

Apr 13, 2010
    Minnesota
    Guard shack with metal detectors while entering and exiting my work, a sign that reads "_________ bans firearms on these premises" is posted on the guard shack as well. Not a chance...

19. RustyL

RustyL

Oct 5, 2012
    Arkansas
    We have a no gun policy. Nothing posted on the doors however. I carry everyday, I walk to my toolbox, release the mag. unchamber the bullet and lock my gun in my box promptly. I'm sure my General Managers knows I'm packing. Its kinda like Don't ask don't tell