close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

How long with it take - "OMG, what have we done?"

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by jdavionic, Nov 11, 2012.

1. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

May 1, 2008
    It's amusing watching the talking heads on Sunday. The liberals are enjoying the moment, the liberal MSM is pretending as if 'wow, those republicans learned their lesson...now can things get done', and the so-called "conservatives" are focused on capitulating and how the GOP needs to soul search and appeal to more liberals. And they also engaging in the 'healthy' discussions on those incredibly important issues as drugs in CO and gay marriage.

So as the tools continue to put on this grand facade, we have no discussions on the pending layoffs, pending impacts to the energy industry with coal mining changes, etc. You get left with the impression of fiddling while Rome burns.

So how long before reality starts to hit home?

2. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

May 1, 2008
    IMO, we will see unemployment begin to shoot up on Dec. 7, when the new numbers come out. We'll get some song & dance about how we need to act fast to increase taxes to avoid the "fiscal cliff" and to address the sharp increase in unemployment...even though there's much more behind the increases that are coming.

Energy prices will then increase in early 2013. So you will have high unemployment and growing inflation. What will this administration do? Nothing. They will do nothing and blame the lame GOP for the troubles. However the Obama goal will be materializing - decrease the wealth of America and increase the dependency on gov't.

Then it will become clear to them...we must increase taxes on more people to cover the increased spending that is required to take care of increasing number of dependent children.

In parallel with this fun, higher unemployment with higher inflation will result in more crime, more suicides, etc. At some point, we will have another mass shooting somewhere. Lawmakers will act swiftly on the emotions of the country to implement more restrictions on gun owners.

When do we say enough?

3. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

Jan 18, 2001
    Chronic unemployment and war in the ME should do it. The Benghazi scandal will likely shock many too.

4. Flying-Dutchman

Flying-Dutchman

Oct 10, 2007
    Let the sequestration cuts happen.

We have to cut the budget sooner or later; why not now?

The Republicans better not cave in to our Imperious Leader otherwise they will be trounced in 2014.

Americans want a divided Government just as we have a divided Country (thanks to Obama).

5. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

May 1, 2008
    Benghazi will get swept away in cloud of intentional deceipt via confusing and conflicting accounts of what happened before, during, and after the incident. Besides, the majority of Americans don't care. Just toss dirt of them and move on.

6. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon "Cracker"

Feb 18, 2009
    For me that moment came in 1988 after I had voted for "No new taxes" NAFTA New World Order Bush.

7. LASTRESORT20

LASTRESORT20 LongTerm-Guy

Aug 10, 2010
    NC

`On the money again Don....^^^

8. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

Apr 4, 2006
    minnesota
    History will forever record Obama's term as "Bush's" fault.

9. Bring_it!

Bring_it!

Apr 9, 2012
    I fear Boehner is going to fold very quick.:steamed:
    Why is he speaker?:dunno:

10. LASTRESORT20

LASTRESORT20 LongTerm-Guy

Aug 10, 2010
    NC

With Dem`s (Liberals) & left leaning media still operating (business) as usual....that would be a big YUP!

11. GAFinch

GAFinch

Feb 23, 2009
    Georgia
    Fixed it for you, unfortunately.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  12. maxsnafu

maxsnafu

Dec 29, 2006
    He's speaker because he's the sort of hack the party loves.

13. FLIPPER 348

FLIPPER 348 Happy Member

Oct 7, 2000
    Bend Oregon

Are you still wasting you life watching that crap??

14. dukeblue91

dukeblue91

Sep 6, 2012
    Raleigh, NC
    I actually believe that the GOP should have reversed the candidates in 08 and this time too.
    Palin would have been the difference maker if she would have run for president with the so called progressive people that voted for a black man to she they where no racist and a woman would have substituted that thought with voting for the first woman president.
    She also was allot younger and could fire up a crowd more so then McCain as he looked to many as GWB junior and just as stiff.

This time would have been the same with Ryan as President and Romney as the older advisor role model.
    Ryan had way more passion and was a better salesperson to the younger crowed.

I know I would have liked him a little more and he would not have come across as a rich stiff to all those libs and half the arguments the left made regarding Romney being out of touch with america and the common man would not have come into play with Ryan.

I know some may think I'm crazy but becoming president has much to do with perception and salesman ship as any stance you may have.

15. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

May 1, 2008
    I did this time because I wanted to get a feel for where our representatives were going. Prior to election, I did quite a bit. Going forward, now I'm just too apathetic.

16. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

May 1, 2008
    Perhaps he'll tear up again to show how much he loves the country that he's working to destroy with the others.

17. Stubudd

Stubudd

Nov 4, 2008
    Kennesaw GA
    I think if we ever do find out any more about what was going on there, the more confused we'll get.

18. maxsnafu

maxsnafu

Dec 29, 2006
    If the GOP does not capitulate they will be blamed by Democrats & the press for any layoffs. If they do make a deal they will be blamed by others in their own party. The GOP is screwed either way.

19. G17Jake

G17Jake

Sep 13, 2002
    Many perhaps, but not the free stuff crowd.

20. JFrame

JFrame

May 29, 2001
    Mid-Atlantic, US of A
    I commented on another thread last week that, in perusing usenets that tend to get a lot of crossover political B.S., I'm perceiving very little breast-beating and crowing by leftists.

As I noted back then, it feels like an 8-year-old kid who screamed all year for a specific toy for Christmas and, upon opening it on Christmas day -- is now not at all sure that this toy is what he really wanted.

That old adage comes to mind: "Beware of what you ask for -- you may get it."

Last edited: Nov 12, 2012