close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How is it different from abortion?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Kozel, Oct 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kozel

Kozel

How is it different from abortion?

Totally non-religious question.

You call up your child. Tell him/her that mommy and you made some mistakes in life then you pull out your gun and blow your child’s brains out.

Now. How is it different from abortion? Location of the child? You did not see his/her face yet? You did not have to pull the trigger you hired killer in white robe to do it for you?

2. P99er

P99er AKA PPQ'er

What about the husband who murders his wife and unborn child? He is charged with two murders.

Murder of the unborn is reserved to mothers and doctors.

3. tantrix

tantrix J'aimeLouisiane

In before the pro-life fanatics start pissing all over the thread.

4. devildog2067

devildog2067

Despite the fact that I don't think this is going to go well, I'll play.

It's different from abortion, because murdering a child is killing a person. Abortion of a pregnancy is not.

After conception, a fertilized embryo is not yet a person. It cannot survive outside the womb. It's biologically a parasite on the mother (I'm sure someone will come along shortly and correct my incorrect use of a biological term, but I think you know what I mean).

At some point (and this is typically well before the actual birth) the fetus becomes a child, an organism that could survive outside the womb.

5. hpracing007

hpracing007

You have to define what/who a child is. Some people believe a child isn't a child until he or she is born. Some don't. That's where the debate is.

If you can call up someone and tell them, it's murder, both pro-life and pro-choice would agree.

If they are still in the womb, pro-life think it's murder, pro-choice think it's not. If you're trolling, you'll get a ton of replies supporting both sides. Why don't you research and make up your own mind?

6. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

As long as we're speaking metaphorically, how about those who consider capital punishment murder? While I don't agree, it's an arguable point. HH

7. Kozel

Kozel

Pro-life vs what?

Pro-choice people do not finish the sentence. Choice to murder.

8. devildog2067

devildog2067

This is the fundamental difference (and you well knew it before starting this thread). Most of us do not believe that aborting a pregnancy is murder.

9. Bilbo Bagins

Bilbo Bagins Slacked jawed

I had a mega long post on a thread that got closed on gun laws and abortions, and it closed before I hit submit. I hope I can get it in here.

Even though he is a nut, I have a similar view to Ron Paul.

I have no problem with "First Trimester" abortions. I'm ok with Birth Control and the "Morning After pill"

It's when you get to 2nd and 3rd trimesters I have a problem with it because its not a bunch of cells you are messing with, it a viable infant.

Not to get all dramatic like Kozel, but if I punch a pregnant woman in the stomach, and she loses a child isn't it murder? Why is it murder if a mom or a nurse with mom's permission goes into a NICU and kills a 23 week old premature infant in a incubator, while a doctor can legally perform an abortion on a woman who is carrying a 23 week old infant in her womb?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  10. Kozel

Kozel

You compare people that were fully functional and capable to kill another human being to somebody absolutely innocent and not taken one breath of air yet?

You are one sick………

11. JW1178

JW1178

Or how about since you don't want to take responsibilities and always take the easy way out, you take that gun and put it to your own head and pull the trigger.

Honestly, abortion to me is wrong. If my girl got pregnant, we would let nature take it's course and I would be there. However, then again, that's me and if someone else wants to kill their unborn child, well that is on them to deal with when they meet the higher power.

12. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

An opinion worthy of respect, but still an opinion. HH

13. dbcooper

dbcooper

14. Kozel

Kozel

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_KvVMZw_a4"]The Horror of A Live Abortion Procedure 2of3 (See 180Movie com) - YouTube[/ame]

15. tantrix

tantrix J'aimeLouisiane

Ok...here we go. With this story I'll consider you a murderer if you agree with this woman being forced to have the baby:

One particular woman had a baby diagnosed with a medical condition in the womb, and the end result would be that her baby would slowly suffocate to death over a period of 3 days after it was born.

She was forced to have a child that the doctor's told her was to suffer a horrible fate within 72 hours after birth. If I remember right, the baby died within 48 hours.

So...how many pro-lifers would stand there and watch this baby suffocate due to the laws THEY helped pass?

Yeah, I thought so.

16. The Maggy

The Maggy

How can you get in before the OP?

17. tantrix

tantrix J'aimeLouisiane

:rofl: :rofl:

You're the first one that caught it...this thread is baited so damn hard the OP could possibly get a citation, but I'll play anyway. :cool:

18. SC Tiger

SC Tiger Big, educated kitty cat!

The only true answer to the abortion debate hinges on when this point is.

Personally I'm not getting into this again. I lean pro-life. The end.

19. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

I would'nt have pegged Kozel to be pro-life.

20. Geko45

Geko45 Smartass Pilot CLM

At some point in early development, an embryo forms a nervous system and brain. The brain grants the capacity for human thought. Before that point, it is an embryo that may be aborted. After that point, it is a human life that must be protected. I look to medical science to define life, not religious texts. This happens fairly early in pregnancy as I understand it, but not so early as to not give a woman a window to make her choice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.