close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

how I carry my snub

Discussion in 'The Snubbie Club' started by pjva04, Jan 20, 2010.

1. pjva04

pjva04
    Expand Collapse
    Snub Lover

Home with a sick kid, so figured I would put some pics up of my every day carry "rig", which is generally worn in the appendix carry position:

S&W Model 442, standard grips with a Clipdraw attachment, though generally carried in an OLD suede/buckskin holster (unknown maker). Loaded with and backed up by a Bianchi speed strip with Federal 158 Grain +P Nyclads.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Berto

Berto
    Expand Collapse
    woo woo

Nice and functional.

3. den888

den888
    Expand Collapse

Very nice...

4. Nicko

Nicko
    Expand Collapse
    GTDS FOR LIFE

looks good. :thumbsup:

5. The Hawk

The Hawk
    Expand Collapse

Good looking rig. I like your speed strip set up with 3+2 rounds. Never thought of doing it that way. Looks like I learned something today. Thanks for the pics.

6. radfordcop

radfordcop
    Expand Collapse

Very nice rig. I'v found appendix carry to be the most comfortable with a snub also.

7. pjva04

pjva04
    Expand Collapse
    Snub Lover

Well..what works well for one, may not work for another...over on S&WForum a guy brought up a valid point that the extra round could come in handy..especially if you are tactically reloading and only loading two at a time. I just found this method works best with my manual dexterity, and confidence is important when it comes to a defensive scenario...worth trying though...

8. Mongosafari

Mongosafari
    Expand Collapse
    El diablo verde

I have been testing the PT-ONE CHL Holster for almost a month now. It works well with casual as well as dress cloths. I have at times carried a full size 1911 + spare mag and other times a S&W M642 airweight 2.5" + 2 speed strips.
    http://www.pistolwear.com/
    The web site has a video of a guy with the PT-ONE and pulling out a gun to show you. He never actually draws but it can easily be done.

I like it. You must be doing something really crazy to make a firearm fall out of this thing.

Previously I always carried in a pancake belt holster and appropriate clothing to conceal the holster.

9. smokin762

smokin762
    Expand Collapse

I carry my S&W 340PD in a Kramer pocket holster. I also use two Speed Strips. I prefer to have six in each. That way I have 17 rounds at all times.:dunno:

10. threefeathers

threefeathers
    Expand Collapse
    Scouts Out

I like that but lately I've been carrying mine non-dom hand much the same way as a BUG.

11. Glockanatorrrrr

Glockanatorrrrr
    Expand Collapse

I always carry speed strips with 6. I understand why people do the 3 then 2.

12. fowler

fowler
    Expand Collapse

Same here 6rds in the speed strip. Why settle for less. One extra if you drop one and one extra if you need it. I cary to speed strips with 6 in each.