close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How hard is it to put my new trijicon sights on

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by stevo1001, Jun 17, 2011.

1. stevo1001

stevo1001
    Expand Collapse

Just got tthem for my g 23

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. infiniti0505

infiniti0505
    Expand Collapse

You will need a Glock front sight tool and a sight pusher for the rear sight and some blue loctite. Safest bet is to have a gunsmith do it.

3. supatrucka

supatrucka
    Expand Collapse

I was going back and forth on buying a sight pusher and then I watched youtube. I said to myself I am only going to use the tool once. I had a brass punch that fit perfect in the dovetail tapped left to right and came out no problem. For the front the tool came with my Hacks. I know some folks kringe when they hear punch and hammer but it worked for me and saved me $100 bucks.

good luck
    Dave

#3 supatrucka, Jun 17, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
  4. xrmattaz

xrmattaz
    Expand Collapse

I've successfully used the punch/mallet method on several rear NON-tritium vialed sights over the years. I've also broken the tritium vial on one rear sight using the same technique. (this is not covered by warranty)

Use a sight pusher for night sights!

5. stevo1001

stevo1001
    Expand Collapse

welll i got the rear sights onn but ima take it to the gunsmith to do the front since i do not have the front socket tool any one have any ideas

6. ScrappyDoo

ScrappyDoo
    Expand Collapse
    Tacticool brah!

I couldn't do it, I was new to gun ownership/etc. when I got them, and I just said 'A Wise Man Knows His Limits' and took to gunsmith.

You of course may be much more competent and/or capable than me. But I knew, I didn't have the tools, which therefore I'd have needed to buy, plus then the expertise. It was easier to have it done, and now I have my (year and a half -)New G23 w/ Trijicon night sights, and no flaws.

The AR I bought and tried modifying and redoing, when I knew I shouldn't but I did anyway, has several large scratches, including a scratched up Delta ring a a huge mark through the Bushmaster logo :) D'oH!!!

7. 125K9

125K9
    Expand Collapse

Translation please?????

8. jack76590

jack76590
    Expand Collapse

If the gunsmith installs the sights and they are not sighted in for you, then you will need a sight pusher. The tap, tap method of adjustment is not very good. Nothing happens and then all of a sudden big movement, at least in my experience. Sight pushers are to both install sights and adjust them for point of impact. It is really easy to do with the proper tools. If you plan to buy more glocks I think you will not regret spending the money.

9. GunHo198

GunHo198
    Expand Collapse

I just got a set of truglo's for fathers day. I tried putting the front site on with a pair of needle nose pliers. But the TRUGLO front site would not seat tight enough. I believe the inner tab was too long. I took them to an armorer and he had to grind it down to get it to fit tight. So I guess I was right. There was no way in hell I was going to use a mallet and punch on the rear sights in fear of breaking a tube. I plan on buying site tools next wether I need them or not. I do most of my friends gunsmithing anyways. I'm sure sooner or later I'll get some use out of them. Kinda like the FNFAL upper receiver wrench I've only used once. LOL

10. Spengebeb

Spengebeb
    Expand Collapse

My ATS sights on my G19 came with a front sight tool, and I popped the old rear sight out with a punch/hammer.

Put the new rear back in with a rubber mallet.

Didn't even have to shim mine; it was more or less on at 25 but I want to be sure before I hit it up with some loctite.

11. kshutt

kshutt
    Expand Collapse

For no more that in costs to have sight installation done properly, have a gunsmith check the work you've already performed and install the front sight.

12. CDW4ME

CDW4ME
    Expand Collapse

Glockmeister sells a sight tool that is a rear sight pusher and includes a front tool too. It's about $100, but makes sight installation simple; I installed mine in just a few minutes. Worth it in the long run, to me, especially if you have more than one Glock.

13. Black&TAN

Black&TAN
    Expand Collapse

For about $85 bucks, picked up a Maryland Gun Works Sight Tool Model MGW309, for installing rear Trijicons onto my G23. Among others, Ed Brown makes a tool for the front site, runs about $12.

The MGW pusher worked great for install and tweaks, and in my opinion is of better build quality than others. The front site also went on easily, with a daub of Loctite 242 (blue) on the threads... just made sure not to torque that small screw off. Whole process took about 25 minutes.

It's a bit of an investment, but hey, who doesn't need a reason to pick up a few more Glocks? :supergrin:

#13 Black&TAN, Jun 18, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2011
  14. Milesmaster

Milesmaster
    Expand Collapse

I dont know about Trijicon night sight.

I have on my G17 a Novak night sight set and it was quite hard put the rear sight on the socket!

Very large file works!

15. stevo1001

stevo1001
    Expand Collapse

everythings perfect thanks for the advice guys...love lookin over at the nite stand and seein 3 glowin dots

16. emore

emore
    Expand Collapse

Just curious, how much did you have to move the rear to get it to shoot to point of aim and how did you do it? Enquiring minds...

17. stevo1001

stevo1001
    Expand Collapse

lol i guess i got it in the perfect spot the first go around.... shot it to day at a few beer bottles at 15 yds and hit them all.. but ima take it to the range tomorro and put it on paper just to make sure

18. hddave

hddave
    Expand Collapse
    i want more!

Took my G19 gen 4 in last night for a set of trijicon hd sights my lgs installed for free. of course the sights were a buck forty! they say the jig they used costs about 250.00.Would never consider installing sights, I like my guns scratch free!

19. zulu45

zulu45
    Expand Collapse

/thread :)

Seriously, this is basically it. The front sight requires a front sight too, and loctite. The rear sight pusher is a must.

20. mrsurfboard

mrsurfboard
    Expand Collapse
    The Anti-Glock

Just buy a sight pusher and be done with it.