close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How EXACTLY did Hamas SEE this going?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by tslex, Nov 16, 2012.

1. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

Jun 4, 2007
    Acme proving grounds.
    That's what I meant.'08.

2. glockdoc21

glockdoc21

May 19, 2007
    I'm a Christian, and I know that there are many that aren't on here, but these are God's chosen people. There are MANY stories in the Bible of the Jews being overtaken by enemy lands when they strayed, but there are plenty of other stories of them absolutely brutalizing those same enemies in the end. I don't think that this will end well.

3. holesinpaper

holesinpaper

Nov 18, 2009
    A-rab Spring!

How'd Obams see that working out?

4. Bruce M

Bruce M

Jan 3, 2010
    S FL
    "May you live in interesting times."

5. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

I wouldn't bet against that ending....

6. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

I think they are behind a lot of the crap stirring. There (must be) are good things going on mid-east and i doubt Iran is behind those.

7. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

Jun 4, 2007
    Acme proving grounds.

Unless Israel says ta heck with it,warns the civilians ta leave and then levels a few square miles.Israel knows it's on it's own,so expand the buffer zone,it's what I'd do.'08.

8. raven11

raven11

Jan 27, 2009
    Illinois
    Only works until Gaza gets longer range missiles which is easier than before thanks to a friendly Egyptian President.

Peace only works if both sides want peace

The only permanent solution is to wipe the gaze strip off the face of the earth, anything less will be delaying the next Israeli air strike and invasion years later

9. They probably expected Obama to hold Israel back by threatening to cut off US aid, and I wouldn't be surprised to hear something for Obama or Klinton calling for Israel to show "restraint", and wait for negotiations or sanctions.

10. MooseJaw

MooseJaw NRA Lifer Silver Member CLM

Feb 12, 2002
    AridZona
    I don't know about Hamas..

But Israel must be thinking:

"They tried to kill us. We're Winning. When do we eat?"

Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  11. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

I think this will be played out much differently than expected.

Hamas wants to draw in Israeli soldiers and kill some.

Urban warfare is dangerous for an invader.

On TV here it is being reported (could be propaganda) that Iranians have been training Hamas and supplying them. They are supposed to have much better anti tank weaponry now and more modern weapons. Also they said that in the previous Gaza battle, Hamas soldiers broke and ran. They have supposedly been trained by the Iranians in better tactics.

It all comes down to Hamas want to cause fatalities and they need to show their supporters that they can kill Israeli soldiers. They really cant do that until a ground assault comes.

Now, I suspect Israel to come in under the cover of darkness but Hamas will fight during the day.

12. Bruce H

Bruce H

Dec 5, 2000
    missouri
    The best way to fight urban war is to remove the urban part. It's really too bad the Israelis don't have the capability to run thirty days of arc lights.

13. Yep. The muslims are slow learners. :faint:

14. JBL13

JBL13

Oct 24, 2010
    Northern Utah
    This.

Though the beginning of the current hostilities pre-dates our recent election, the idea is to tie down Israel so it has greater difficulty forcibly addressing the Iran nuke situation. Since the election, the world knows the Obama administration will be flakey in terms of supporting an Israeli attack on Iran's nuke sites now that Obama "has more flexibility." Israel is therefore figuring it will need to largely stand on its own in this regard, and the clock is ticking. Hence the Iranian regime (and like-minded Islamic terrorist types) are more concerned about a relatively near-term attack by Israel.

Israel does not intend to destroy Hamas because Hamas helps keep other Gaza-residing terrorist groups in check.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  15. holesinpaper

holesinpaper

Nov 18, 2009
    Obviously Hamas is willing to throw away a lot of Muslim lives 'for their cause,' and figure the more Muslims Israel kills the better it is for Hamas.

16. threefeathers

threefeathers Scouts Out

Oct 23, 2008
    Southwest
    Exactly, but this is a two edged sword.Israel could decide to hit much harder than anyone expects and go ahead and take Iran out now. A massive air strike on Iran's nuc facilities while hitting the Iranian HQ facilities in Tehran and perhaps hit Iranian ports wiith some nasty sub launched ordnance would set Iran and Hamas on their asses.

17. holesinpaper

holesinpaper

Nov 18, 2009
    Hmm, would that effectively solve the US terrorism problem?

Seems like that would cause al qaeda to totally ignore the US and focus on Israel.

18. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

I dont expect to see that. Could happen, but I doubt that scenario will occur.

Also, Iran is getting to test out the iron dome and seeing how to penetrate it (or what gets stopped). Notice I say Iran. Iranian rockets/missiles are being fire at Israel.

19. eracer

eracer Where's my EBT?

Apr 5, 2011
    Tampa, FL
    I think he meant 'Golem.'

20. JMS

JMS 02

May 6, 2007
    Good post, it's time the palestinian occupation and palestinian aggression be stopped by Israel once and for all.