Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

How does your lodge..

Discussion in 'Freemason's Lodge' started by Chuck66, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Chuck66

Chuck66 Traveling Man

Mar 10, 2004
    East TN
    get out the info? Keep members informed and interested?

We've got a monthly bulletin that we email out to a list of (currently)99 recipients, and we have a Facebook page, and a webpage that's really just an announcement of our address and contact info.

I run the bulletin and the FB page, and I'm looking for new ways to keep it lively and change it up a bit. On FB, I post the occasional Masonic trivia tidbit, throw out an occasional quote, announce upcoming degree work, etc. I try to put something new up every few days on the FB page. The email is more just for announcing work dates and the monthly bulletin which is basically a recap of the stated meeting.

How does your lodge do it? A few new ideas couldn't hurt, that's for sure.
  2. Javelin

Javelin Got Glock? Silver Member

Feb 9, 2008
    N. Dallas
    Website & emails.... holy crap do some folks go overboard on the email traffic though. Ended up making a little folder so I don't have to look at it all the time.

3. Batesmotel

Apr 5, 2007
    All web, except for a few old guys still only on snail mail.
  4. Badger1911

Dec 21, 2010
    North Carolina
    Email, FB, and phone. We are a small lodge, but growing.
  5. jakebrake

jakebrake cracker

Jan 11, 2011
    too close to philly
    monthly bulletin, and word of mouth. we are a good size, but ours is an older lodge.

our website doesn't say much.
  6. mmsig229

Jan 26, 2003
    Newsletter on e-mail, web site, cell phones.
  7. freespirit34

freespirit34 BMFTSY

Apr 2, 2009
    NC Mountains
    phone tree and mass texts .... all business no bull.
  8. Our lodge secretary has an email list. Of course telephone is used quite a bit. Our website is mostly after the fact, heck if you look at it you would think we only do York Rite:supergrin:.
  9. Our Lodge send out the trusty old monthly bulletin.There is a " call everyone " automated phone system for alerting members of a funeral service and other last minute news missed or in between the bulletins and we still phone/contact one another like in years gone by.tom.:cool: