close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

How Does the G30 SF Rate for Carry?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by OldLincoln, Jun 30, 2012.

1. OldLincoln

OldLincoln

Jan 11, 2010
    I'm closing in on a 45 ACP for carry, and the G30SF is under consideration. It fits the hand, not too heavy and I think it will carry well in a IWB. I've carried a Kahr PM9 for a few years and occasionally a Colt Commander 1911 (45).

So if the carry part will work out okay, I need to know more about the gun itself. Are their quirks I should consider, like fail to feed/chamber/eject? Magazine fails?

If all is well I'll be looking first for a FTF CA sale (Fresno/ Central Valley). What price should I look for in a used G30SF?

I know that's a lot but could use your help?

2. Bring_it!

Bring_it!

Apr 9, 2012
    I carry mine OWB.
    Factory test fire 11/2011, and have not had any problems with it.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2012

3. KenMac

KenMac

Nov 21, 2011
    Mine carries very well. It also has been totally reliable and accurate.

4. Rick305

Rick305 ra1sales.com

May 14, 2012
    I carry my 29 standard every time I leave my house.

I held a 30sf the other day and wish I had purchased a 29SF. It's even better !!

Get a remora holster and stick her in your waist -- and forget its there !!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

5. jmb79

jmb79

Sep 27, 2001
    Wyoming
    I regularly carry my 30SF. It works for me with a Raven Concealment Systems IWB setup. I have no idea what used Glocks go for in California.

6. M&P Shooter

M&P Shooter Metal Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Phila, PA
    Too thick IMO for concealed carry. I tried for a week and sold her that weekend.

7. I carry a G30 (not SF) and love it. I think it's a little too thick to carry IWB but it carries just fine outside, I forget it's there sometimes! It's also nice to carry 13rd G21 mags for backup!

8. Beanie-Bean

Beanie-Bean

Apr 23, 2011
    Central Texas
    Same here, and I use the flush 9-round magazine with a 13-round spare.

9. ashecht

ashecht

Feb 10, 2010
    Charlotte NC
  10. vetmedglock30

vetmedglock30

Jan 14, 2011
    SEC
    I have carried one for two years. It works great. It's center of gravity makes carry easy.

11. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    California still lets people (legally) sell guns face to face? That's a surprise to me, I figured they'd banned it.

12. OldLincoln

OldLincoln

Jan 11, 2010
    I think it's under the gun show loophole. Although it's been years since I've done it I haven't heard otherwise.

13. OldLincoln

OldLincoln

Jan 11, 2010
    Well thanks, folks. I have my answers and next id finding the gun at the price I can afford. I'm sure it will be a G30SF or G36 (+ the 1rd extension). There's only a .14 difference but I'm going to try carry of each this week - at least in the confines of an indoor range.

14. :wavey:great gun, glock perfect, if you can carry it, i tried it for awhile but eventually opted for it's thinner brother, the G36, less rounds but easier for me to carry, the 36 carries just like the G19. either one is a winner:wavey:

15. ca survivor

ca survivor

Dec 25, 2011
    Florida
    to me 20/21 or 29/30 are too thick/wide for IWB carry.

16. grmnracing

grmnracing

Oct 10, 2010
    CT
    I carry a G30 IWB 5-7 days a week. It's not bad at all to carry. I forget it's there often. I only have a cheap clip on holster too. The key is to have a good belt. It will keep from pulling your waistband down.

17. alwaysshootin

alwaysshootin

Nov 14, 2005
    I have no problem whatsoever with carrying any above mentioned. Have carried one of the above mentioned, since my first carry weapon, a 1911. Carried a G30 for 4 years, and either a G20, or G21 for another couple. Now, I carry a G29. All were carried in a Comptac, Infidel! Covers nicely with a loose fitting t-shirt, but a nice cotton squared bottom button up, left open of course works perfectly!:cool: