Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

How do you store your HD shotgun?

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by elkhart, Feb 28, 2013.

1. w30olds

Mar 27, 2003
    Braselton, GA
    Simply priceless! Lol
  2. 4Rules

Mar 11, 2012

3. Jaykwish

Mar 9, 2013
    In the corner, close to my bed, 5 in the tube one in the chamber safety on.
  4. Well, I hate to be the turd in the punch bowl, but mine is now unloaded and in the safe, replaced with a USGI M1 Carbine, also in a safe in my bedroom. I CCW a Kahr P9, and it goes pretty much everywhere with me. I keep it on the night stand over night, but not in plain sight, on the outside chance that someone might break in undetected. I leave the safe with just a short way to go for the second combination number, and all I have to do then is turn to the third. I figure the handgun would easily buy me enough time to bring one or more long guns into play, and I don't have to wrestle with the safe every night. Works for me.
  5. Gun holders above door facing inside my bedroom closet, empty chambers, full tube. No children in household.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
  6. TunaFisherman

TunaFisherman Halibut Hunter

Dec 10, 2009
    West of the East coast
    Barrel up, chambered snap cap, hammer down, tube full of 00 buck, safety off,behind master bath door, which is next to my bed.
    I consider it backup to my hd pistol.
  7. lgjhn

lgjhn NRA Life Member

Mar 5, 2013
    SW Louisiana
    No kids, magazine 7 rounds full of 00 buck with one in the tube and safety on. We have a bed rack it stays in. When we used to have little kids at home, we put a rack high up inside the closet and above the closet entrance door. It remained out of sight but without one in the chamber back then. It provided quick access for my wife and I on our tiptoes, but the kids didn't even know it was there and if they did, would have to go to extremes to even reach it. With the door open, it was above your head and unless you just happened to look straight up there, you'd never see it. As the kids got a little older, we took them out and let them shoot. A great respect was learned very early. You can either gun-proof your kids or kid-proof your guns. It all depends on their maturity, demeanor and upbringing.
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  8. jaws48

Apr 7, 2007
    Tube full of 00 buck, and one chambered, safety on, light off: leaned against headboard with a sock over the barrel all within easy reach when laying in bed. Backup is the Glock holstered on the nightstand, same condition except no safety.

No kids in house, ever, so no worries about that.
  9. FL Airedale

FL Airedale Dog Breath

May 21, 2011
    North-Central Florida
    I have the same setup. The safe door is opened and the front of the safe door faces the bedroom door. I can grab the shotgun as I take cover behind the safe door.

If I ever need to grab it, I'm hoping that the sound of chambering a round will be enough to send the intruder running.

If I need something faster, there are several loaded pistols in the safe. No need to waste time chambering a round.

I have no fear of being taken by surprise because there are three large dogs, in the house, that bark if they hear anything unusual. I would consider anyone crazy enough to come in, with all the barking, dangerous.
  10. DarkLight

Dec 13, 2005
    Sachse, Texas
    No kids in my house so I just lean mine up against the wall and headboard of my bed. 7 in the tube and 1 in the pipe, safety on:wavey:
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  11. Rem 870, magazine fully loaded, safety off, a round in chamber with the breech open just beyond where the trigger will not fire the weapon. It's kept under the edge of the bed between lint free towels.

In case of emergency, all I have to do is grab it, close the breech, and engage.
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  12. elkhart

May 13, 2011
    This will probably work best for my situation. I'm going to wall mount the shotgun in the closet, probably above the door. Out of reach to a small child, but easy access for an adult.