Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

How do you know who won?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by OuttaHand, Aug 18, 2013.

1. OuttaHand

Feb 17, 2012
    I shot in a match in July in Lake Elmo, MN
    They have posted the "Preliminary Results" on the GSSF site. Those were up just a few days after the match.

It was my first GSSF match and I shot like sh... well, I didn't shoot well. So I know I didn't win anything for my shooting.

But when do they post the "Final Results" and post any random drawing prize winners? I keep reading about people who have won random drawing prizes like knives, GSSF memberships, guns, etc. Don't they post those?

It's been four weeks!
  2. is this the match

3. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Dec 17, 1998
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Finals are generally posted 30 days after the prelims are posted.:wavey:
  4. OuttaHand

Feb 17, 2012
    Yup. That's the match. I see that it now says they are the "Final Results"

How about the random prize winners?
    Do they post those? Or how do you know if you won something?
  5. I think you need to examine the Finals. All Random wins, including pistols, are on there. In the case of a pistol win it will say "Pistol Random" in the last column. Naturally, that would have to be on the same line as your name and scores.

ETA: If you've won ANYTHING, it will be on your entry line. This isn't that difficult.
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
  6. OuttaHand

Feb 17, 2012
    Well, thank you!
    What I needed was the info that they post those prizes in that list.

I guess what I did NOT need was the sarcastic comment "This isn't that difficult".
    This is all new to me. Just because you've done this before doesn't mean that I have.

Now another stupid question from the newbie moron: How will They send the prize I won?
  7. I cant take the suspense what did you win.

If it was money they send a check

If it was a gun they send a certificate.

If its a tool or a knife I think they just send you the product

I know my son once won a 2 year renual and they just marked his account as such

Congratulations on what ever you have won
  8. Tbone17

Tbone17 "Shootin Steel"

May 1, 2011
    You will receive any prizes though the mail. Usually takes about a week to receive.

Congrats on your win!
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
  9. OuttaHand

Feb 17, 2012
    I won a 2-year membership renewal.
    That's about a $50 value - I'll take it!
  10. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

Aug 20, 2002
    take a chill pill with that
  11. OuttaHand

Feb 17, 2012
    Chill pill taken.

I just don't think it's good to answer someone's simple question with what can easily be taken as fairly rude sarcasm. This is a forum consisting of people with a similar interest. We should all try to support -- not denigrate.

The answer that was provided to me was perfect, until the last sentence. .
  12. But the column heading says "Places & Prizes". I definitely got the impression you were not actually reading and thinking about the words in that document.

I probably shouldn't have thrown in the last sentence - but 'it' isn't. Some other rule translations may be - especially since Glock/GSSF has strayed from them on occasion.